1.12 - Recipe book/recipe help command?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by AndromedaJulie, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndromedaJulie

AndromedaJulie Official Namer of Pets Helper

I haven't been on Sandlot all summer, so I'm playing catchup!

I logged on today with 1.12.1. (Didn't expect that, but I think that's the correct one.)

The recipe help command is now disabled, because there is a recipe book option - but I couldn't find any clue to it when I opened my inventory. Duh. Probably a simple question, but I would greatly appreciate some help.

Thank you!

2. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

Have you clicked the green book in your inventory beneath your character?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. tuffooche

tuffooche Master

As @zilory said, if you go to a crafting table or your personal 2x2 one in your inventory, you can click a green book and it'll show you the available crafting recipes you can make using the resources you have in your inventory at that time, and it also shows other recipes you can make, as long as you once had those resources. For example, you can't get the recipe for green wool if you haven't had wool in your inventory yet.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. AndromedaJulie

That's the thing. I don't see any green book in my inventory. Not beneath my character or anywhere else.
    I'm using 1.12.1, isn't that right?

5. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Try 1.12.2 to connect.

6. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Are you using a resource pack? If so, it might not be updated to 1.12 yet. If this is the case, the book will be invisible in your inventory, because the texture won't be supported by the resource pack yet. Either switch resource packs, or try to find where the button is -- it's just underneath your 2x2 crafting grid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ishx_

ishx_ Inscrutible VIP

you can also use /recipe if its still there but im not sure havent been on in a while

• Like Like x 1
  8. MJB6

MJB6 savage

Most of the time you can’t use it because it makes you rely on the book

9. ishx_

ishx_ Inscrutible VIP

oh ok

10. AndromedaJulie

OK, I think it's fixed!! I had to get the Soartex update. Thanks Kyukuro! Thanks all!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.