Coming Soon: Creative 1.8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Hi everyone!

The elders, helpers, and moderators have all been working very hard over the past months, and I am elated to announce that a new Creative 1.8 server is nearly ready to be launched! There will be more details coming later, but for now, here are the questions I can answer for you!

New Creative?! Aren't we already on 1.8?

Actually, no. Creative is currently on Minecraft 1.7, with a plugin that gives us some 1.8 items, like banners and Prismarine. But it's a really old plugin that isn't updated anymore, and it has a lot of bugs in it.

What will happen with my plots? Will the map be reset?

I am planning on migrating the current creative map to the new server, so your builds will not be lost. BigCreative is going to be a little trickier to deal with because of how we are restructuring the server, but rest assured that I will do everything I can to keep those builds too.

To properly copy over your plots to the new Creative server, the current Creative server will have to be shut down while I copy the map over. If it's not shut down, then anything you build from the time I copy the map to the time the new server is ready will be lost. I don't want that to happen. I will try and minimize the downtime of the Creative server because I know how important it is to all of you, but we do have many other servers you can play while it's down. Go explore Hogwarts or try something new!

When is it going to be relaunched?

I'm not exactly sure yet. The plot conversion process is going to take a very long time. I will do my best to keep the downtime to a minimum, but I want to make absolutely sure everything goes as planned. I expect the current Creative server to be taken offline anywhere from 4-24 hours. I will be making backups before I make any changes so that if something catastrophic happens, we can always do a rollback.

So it's just updating to 1.8? What took so long?

You'll see. :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 27
  2. rraaiinn

rraaiinn Master Helper

Ahhhh can't wait :D

3. tyelka

tyelka Master Helper

Oooo! I'm super excited!

4. HotNate

HotNate Master

The suspence!

5. Rif_TheMom

Rif_TheMom Adept Elder

*smirks knowingly*

• Like Like x 5
  6. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

Dun dun dun! I've been in it and it's SUPER COOL! You will love it I am SURE!

7. nefarious_neo

nefarious_neo Tiny, but fierce!

Woo! So excited!

8. TrueVioletMU

TrueVioletMU Adept

9. Wodddie

Wodddie Weird Science! Helper

*snicker*

10. How exciting!! Armor stands for all...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

Yay, finally! On an unrelated note, some may have noticed that you can't place armor stands in creative. This is because spawning in/placing entities is disabled on creative, and armor stands are classified as entities.

12. ThePuzzler13

ThePuzzler13 Master

My builds won't be lost, I have built ABSOLUTELY nothing in my plot, for some reason :confused:

13. piegosaurus

piegosaurus aesthetic Helper VIP

Yaaaay Creative 1.8!

So excited for this!

EDIT: Also, if you have to copy to plots over 1 by 1, You don't have to do any of mine, I was planning on clearing them anyway. :p

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  14. x_R4v3PUPPY333_x

x_R4v3PUPPY333_x the vidya game playa

CREATIVE 1.8?! :D

15. LegoBoyo

LegoBoyo Pop Culture Enthusiast Elder Helper

Yay! I cant wait! #NewCreativeServerFTW

• Like Like x 1
  16. ljl23

ljl23 Master Helper VIP

My bungalow? Lol

17. piegosaurus

piegosaurus aesthetic Helper VIP

Sacrifices must be made...

;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Woohoo! :D

So, no Creative download map? If not... then I probably need my Moderator Thank You plot moved over.

19. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

All's I need moved over is my hogwarts and my flight simulator.

20. riggs493

riggs493 Master

What is gonna be da new thing!!!??!!? ARMOR STANDS!?!!?? New plot commands!??!? it could be... ANYTHING!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.