Failed to connect to server

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by TheOneCrafter, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Try contacting Mojang

2. EkulPvP

EkulPvP Adept

Try using 1.9.4, see if that works

• Like Like x 1
  3. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

Is your computer the only one you're getting the error on?

4. He logged out on svs you can't play svs without 1.10 so wouldn't it kick him form the server even if it would work?

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

I've tried with all versions that The Sandlot supports, no luck. I also tried contacting my internet provider, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Can't exactly check since I don't have any other computers that can run minecraft.

• Like Like x 1
  6. EkulPvP

EkulPvP Adept

That's strange... hope it works out soon :/

7. Do you know what Java version you are using?

The error looks almost exactly like the error I get when I need to update my Java.

If you do not know what Java version you are using, then just go to the Java website and install the newest version.

Hope this works @TheOneCrafter. If not, or if I am not specific enough, let me know and I will help you again if I can.

8. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Unless you have a different application that requires Java, you should not be installing Java yourself anymore. The Minecraft launcher automatically installs the correct version of Java for your computer.

9. Oh. Sorry. Didn't know that. Sometimes, I get an error that is very similar to the one TheOneCrafter is getting and I just install the newest version of Java and it gets fixed.

10. thenameisdiamond

thenameisdiamond Sandlot Video and Audio Artist

I have some applications that require Java, and I had an update. I didn't update until just now, and my servers worked fine at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheOneCrafter

Heard back from my internet provider and it seems that they've blocked server port 25565 because "a HUGE DDos attack originated from there".

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  12. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

:eek: Oh no! Did they give you any alternatives?

13. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

That is horrible customer service. I would suggest you or your parent let them know that all Minecraft servers run on port 25565, and by blocking it they are essentially not allowing anyone using their service to play multiplayer Minecraft. I'm also guessing you have no alternative ISP, so I really really hope they revert this change. If they don't, sending a letter to the FCC would be the next step, and possibly also the BBB.

• Like Like x 5
  14. thenameisdiamond

thenameisdiamond Sandlot Video and Audio Artist

Oh my gosh! That sounds bad! Maybe they should install DDOS protection for server port 25565?

15. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

Oh wow... at least we know where the problem is coming from, I'd suggest doing what c0w said though.

16. EkulPvP

EkulPvP Adept

Omg. Really! That's horrible customer service as c0w said. Ask them to un-block it because, as said that's the MC server port. .-.

17. TheOneCrafter

They said that there isn't an estimated time that it would be unblocked, and they wanted to make sure that their network is fully secure first.

18. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

:( I hope they are able to secure their network quickly, so we can see you back on The Sandlot. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. TOC, try this:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/...cc.gov/hc/en-us/categories/200134970-Internet

A FCC complaint gets "served" on the provider and has mandated response periods and possible fines. Remarkably, 2 hours after my phone complaint was filed with the FCC, my service was restored, after 7 days of being unable to. Argue that blocking that port specifically, substantially reduces the utility of your internet service without compensation.

• Like Like x 5
  20. TheOneCrafter

We sent a complaint, now just waiting for a response.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.