Forcing me to relog into sandlot forums?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by GotToGoToMoes, Aug 4, 2017.

1. TheAfkOne

TheAfkOne something amusing VIP

So I have two monitors - both of them have the sandlot forums open.

the left one, which I'm using to write this, works fine. The right one however said I have to re-log in and sign up.

Is this a known issue, or do you have to relog back in every year?
    Here is a picture

upload_2017-8-4_19-10-59.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Does it really make a difference if you have to log back in every year? If it is a bug it probably not worth fixing.

3. cintrondiego

cintrondiego Designer/Musical Actor/Writer Helper VIP

This happens to me every time on my phone. It probably just happens after a while, or when you're using the account on one side, and using the account on the other.

4. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

The saved login is managed by cookies :357: on your browser (Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and so is more likely a browser issue than a Sandlot forums issue. Here are some possible explanations that I could think of:

- Did you clear or disable cookies on your browser? If you clear cookies (like when you clear history or temporary files), you would have to log in again and re-click "Stay logged in." If cookies are disabled, you would have to log in every time.
    - Did you have the same browser on both monitors? Cookies are browser specific, so if you use a different browser, you would have to log in again and re-click "Stay logged in" for that browser.
    - I have noticed that sometimes when I have multiple tabs, cookies don't always seem to work correctly on all the tabs (usually okay on the first tab, but doesn't always seem to affect additional tabs.) Again, this would be a browser issue and not something c0wg0d could control.
    - It is possible that a saved login will automatically logout after time. For example, some e-mail does it every two weeks. This is usually a security feature to protect your information and identity, not a bug.

Hope that provides some understanding. :) Someone please correct me if I said anything wrong. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1