I can't connect to server

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by chrystla, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrystla

chrystla Master

I was able to log onto the sandlot last night, but this morning it shows up in my browser, but when I click on the address it tells me it was disconnected from server. my internet is working correctly and I have tried to update java and it is up to date already. I have deleted the address and reinstalled it with no help. so, now I am asking the sandlot player for any help I can get!

2. TheAfkOne

TheAfkOne something amusing VIP

Make sure the name is 'The Sandlot' and the server address is 'server.sandlotminecraft.com'

Make sure you spelled it right, because 1 letter off could mean you can't join.

3. chrystla

chrystla Master

thanks for your comment GotToGoToMoes , I just checked and all of it correct, I am about to uninstall Minecraft and reinstall to see if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chrystla

chrystla Master

I just checked my firewall and it was blocking two java files, but after I allowed them to connect I tried again and still receiving the same message. so I am out of ideas.

5. Pigichu

Pigichu Stinky Sock Washer Helper

Have you restarted your computer? Check for updates for your computer? That can mess things up a bit some times :confused:

6. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

You might go back through this forum and read all the other "can't connect" posts for other hints.

I lack skills in the troubleshooting area, but lots of players have offered tips in the past.

7. chrystla

chrystla Master

ok I will try this, I don't know why I haven't tried it yet lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

I can't connect either. Says "Logging in..." for about 18 seconds then "Connection Lost. Disconnected."

I was playing up until the server reset... and tried to log in 20minutes later, past the reset with the same message above. after a full night's sleep-- still the same message. None of my setting changed in that 20 minutes... or these 8 hours. I restarted my computer, router, and modem... still get the error.

Sometimes Mojang shuts down multiplayer logging for bug fixing/upgrades. During this time- people who've already logged in are safe to play- but the rest of us find other things to do. Eventually they get it back up and running. (I know this is not the case: I am able to connect to other minecraft multiplayer servers).

Sometimes a certain server like Skyblock or SVS is not restarted properly- and those who had logged off in that server (not in the lobby) will not be able to connect until @c0wg0d uses his magic ;). I think that this might be the case? I need to see which 13 people are on- if any are regular skyblockers. <-- It looks like @adminidad was able to log on right after reset (I only saw 1 player come back last night) but none of the other skyblockers are on. So I think we just give a heads up (like you did @chrystla - and thank you!) and we just wait until c0w can give it a quick command.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  9. AliceJordan

AliceJordan Adept

I can't connect either. It says I timed out. Oh, well. At least the dishes got washed. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. chrystla

chrystla Master

ok, so I'm glad to see it's not just me, I just updated my pc and restarted again, with no help. so hopefully what you are talking about is the problem! Thanks dj_H

11. chrystla

chrystla Master

oh wow, I was worried you would wonder where I was AliceJordan! I kept watching the users on server now for you lol.

12. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I was able to log in okay just now. Is this still a problem for anyone?

13. Ironstance

Ironstance Steely Eyed VIP

Still a problem here. Same message as the others.

14. Ironstance

Ironstance Steely Eyed VIP

Looked like you restarted and I am now in.

15. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Had some issues. Seems to be up now. I am in Skyblock.

16. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I have restarted all servers. Please let me know if you still cannot connect. If you can't, tell me what server you disconnected from last.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

Thank you @c0wg0d

Able to join Skyblock (where I left last night)- typed /hub and logged off. Thank you for restarting the servers.

c0w magic:1
    misbehaving server:0

• Like Like x 3
  18. chrystla

chrystla Master

Yes thanks c0wg0d sorry i forgot to let you know i was able to get back on. I was enjoying skyblock. Thank you for your work. We would be lost with out you and all the other mods!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.