IMPORTANT! Name change support and what it means for you

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

probably Never going to change my name, but this is fantastic for those who want to. Thanks c0w!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  2. Xovyota

Xovyota Has A Creative Title

Thanks c0w! Most likely won't be changing my name. I really wanna change my name but I know people will go like "Who are you? You're not Xov. Dont try to lie about being Xov."

3. nefarious_neo

nefarious_neo Tiny, but fierce!

Would changing your name affect buying VIP or currently having it?

4. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Nope!

• Like Like x 1
  5. RoseHare

RoseHare Title

That's a good point, and it will be tricky if someone changes their name like that, or if someone tries to impersonate them...

(Question): Won't it make banning someone much harder if they impersonate somebody? Then if no moderators were on at the time, only a few players, (who got confused about who was who) are able to give an un-accurate report of what happened ... and then either nobody gets banned, (which could result in the same thing happening again) or the wrong person has a chance of getting banned permanently (which also means that the player who did the crime is still out there)?

I didn't really want to change my name before reading your post, c0w, but now I have more reasons not to. (But of course, if u wants to, that's fine ;)) :p:D

6. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

Holy identity crisis, Batman!

• Like Like x 15
  7. RoseHare

RoseHare Title

8. FunGiFunGuy

FunGiFunGuy Artisan

I honestly doubt I would ever change my username to anything else. Its unlikely that I would because of how much trouble it would be, considering my friends would think I am somebody else. :p

9. pizzadog2

pizzadog2 It's-a pizza time! Helper VIP

Biz, how could you?! :eek::eek::eek:

• Like Like x 7
  10. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

Lol!

• Like Like x 1
  11. bizarr0

bizarr0 Master Moderator Elder VIP

pizza, haven't you heard, I go by b33fg0d now. ;)

• Like Like x 8
  12. SomethingGreen

SomethingGreen Expert VIP

I was actually thinking about changing my name earlier today, happy to hear that they will be supported! Thanks, c0w! :)

13. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

:eek: I think the name "tephaneuf" is rather nice...Unique.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Xovyota

I could change my name to Xov1963857352. lol, no one would ever pm me again. :p

(BTW, dont copy the long numbers, I might actually change it to Xov1963857352! :D)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. _A1sauce_

_A1sauce_ Expert

Thank you so much c0w! This must have took so much hard work :eek: I might change my name, but I am not sure yet. I want to change it because I didn't choose the name "A1_ryaN" in the first place xd. However, If I did change it, I know there could be some confusion. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  16. XI_The_Doctor_IX

XI_The_Doctor_IX Adept VIP

Finally!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Xovyota

You could change your name to iBlameBiz. :O

• Like Like x 3
  18. the_new_bo

the_new_bo Hero

They can check their ban reports. Even if someones user changes, their reports don't. Hallelujah for ban reports! :p
    Edit: Just reread this and I'm like: "Oh. Jeeze. Lemme change this...". People get away with stuff occasionally (Brushes @b12arr01973 s cookies crumbs off my jacket.) and if the thing that person did was REALLY bad, I think the server would ban them automatically.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RoseHare

RoseHare Title

20. HamYoyo

HamYoyo Adept

YES!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
    Omg so exited. And one question, about the mod name one example if someone changed their name to _zelda75 and I was still zelda75, what would happen?