Just A Quick Question About Helpers!

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by xXAnimeStorm8Xx, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvvrboy

lvvrboy :P VIP

I have not yet become a helper, but I'm planning on trying to become one, I've seen helpers before, then a bit later, (more like a few months later :confused: lol), and they did not have a purple star next to their name, I can't remember who exactly, but I'm just here to ask a quick question about helpers, to prepare to become one myself!
    Can helpers' helper rank get taken away after some time? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Storm

• Like Like x 1
  2. rraaiinn

rraaiinn Master Helper

Hi storm! First of all, no the helpers star does not go away after a certain amount of time. The helpers just decided to resign the position & become a normal player. And second of all, If you want to become a helper, just be nice & help in any way you can, & most of all, just be you. Also being a helper is a big responsibility so you will have to prepare yourself for that. Becoming a helper doesn't make you 'popular' & it shouldn't In the first place, but if you really want to offer help then that's great! So yeah just be you and help around :)

• Like Like x 6
  3. lvvrboy

lvvrboy :P VIP

I don't want to be popular, I just love feeling the joy of helping others, and I feel like I would get to feel that joy more if more people came to me for help ^-^ Thanks for helping out!

Wowo! There were a lot of words with the letters "h-e-l and -p" in this thread xd

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cepheusz

Cepheusz Propaganda Panda Elder Helper VIP

How do I become a Helper?

In order to qualify for the Sandlot Helper rank, a player must show the following traits:
    • Be at least somewhat active on the forums, by posting, sharing, and answering questions.
    • Be active and helpful in in-game chat.
    • Be friendly and respectful to others in-game.
    • Demonstrate a knowledge of the server rules, and have no serious offenses (bans, etc.).
    • Have been a regular player for at least six months, with several logins per week.
    This was taken from the FAQS. Info about ranks and rules and other stuff is in there, I suggest you to check it out :) everything is up to the moderators choices.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

Honestly just be yourself :) Use good grammar and be nice to other players and that's about all there is to it.

6. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

*cough* wat about derpeh tawk

• Like Like x 3
  7. /removehelperstatus zilory

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. FlameFoxGirl

FlameFoxGirl Expert

Do u have to be a certain age?

9. zilory

I don't think so... Not sure though

10. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

No, we look for maturity instead of age. I believe one of our youngest helpers is 9.

11. FlameFoxGirl

FlameFoxGirl Expert

oh ok. How do u apply?

12. zilory

You do not apply. The moderators will pick you if they think you are suitable for the job.

13. Kyukuro

You don't apply. Moderators select Helpers when we feel we need more.

Here is the section of the FAQs that explains all you need to know:

In order to qualify for the Sandlot Helper rank, a player must show the following traits:
    • Be at least somewhat active on the forums, by posting, sharing, and answering questions.
    • Be active and helpful in in-game chat.
    • Be friendly and respectful to others in-game.
    • Demonstrate a knowledge of the server rules, and have no serious offenses (bans, etc.).
    • Have been a regular player for at least six months, with several logins per week.

Helpers are hand-selected by the Sandlot Moderator team. Please do not volunteer for this position. If we think you fit the bill, we will contact you. You will not be considered if you are begging to become a helper or constantly volunteering yourself. Humility is a virtue.

• Like Like x 4
  14. FlameFoxGirl

FlameFoxGirl Expert

For the logins do u mean in-game?

15. Kyukuro

Yes.

16. CaptainFinner

CaptainFinner The Funny One Helper VIP

Yes.
    • Be yourself! Don't constantly try to help people out. Don't hint/ask to be a Helper a lot. Once/Twice is okay, but hinting/asking more is doesn't help.
    • Be active in-game and on forums, and try to help out! (You have to have played for "at least 6 months, with several logins per week" (-FAQ's)
    • Be respectful to others, and be friendly!! Luna is right-Good grammar makes one seem more mature.
    • Remember that Helper is a big responsibility. It can be tough! If you want to be a Helper, being more responsible will show you are ready for lots of responsibility. (I've said 'Responsible' so many times now!:eek:)
    • Helper doesn't make you more popular! Many Helpers are popular because of the reputation they have created-Not because of the pink star! I haven't been treated differently since I became Helper:Everything's been the same, except more responsibility.
    • Responsibility is a major factor of being a Helper-Sometimes you will have to drop everything and run to Easy to help a new player out. You might not have as much time to RP and build as you once did.
    Helper has it's perks, but also a huge responsibility.

• Like Like x 2
  17. FlameFoxGirl

FlameFoxGirl Expert

Oh ok. I cant be one then. I am always busy because of school and now play other servers. Good Luck guys!

• Like Like x 1
  18. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

I do think helper boosts your popularity a little bit... but there's honestly nothing you can do about it. Just make sure you want to become a helper for the right reasons.

19. ishx_

ishx_ Inscrutible VIP

Yup! Das me!

• Like Like x 3
  20. CaptainFinner

CaptainFinner The Funny One Helper VIP

Yeah, I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.