Minecraft 1.9, "Outdated server", and the future of The Sandlot

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Feb 29, 2016.

1. I think overall it is fun and sword thing is nice to stop speed pot spammers but it is bad when I forget about it and hit a skelly 6 times with me wooden sword without waiting and get shot to death!

2. Monkey_Chicka

Monkey_Chicka Insert coffee to start Moderator Helper VIP

The Sandlot is still so fun that I will keep playing. :) I can always play single-player if I want a 1.9 experience, although it's so scary (for me) to play single-player!! :eek:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thanks for the head's up c0w! Can wait for Sandlot to update!!!!

4. I totally a agree...can't wait till we get 1.9 in hg!

5. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

I don't know the pvp isn't very good im not too keen for pvp in 1.9. I mean it will be xool a bit more of a challenge.

6. AwesomeBlock375

AwesomeBlock375 Mreoowwwww

Wow! Thanks @c0wg0d and, anyone know the new items Mojang added?? Try not to look in the Minecaft launcher or the spoiler :D
    Here are some additions to Minecraft in 1.9. Most of these are related to or found in the End:
    1. Elytras are found in End Cities (new also) and they can make you glide when falling if you jump in midair
    2. You can place down an Ender Dragon head!!!
    3. New mob: Shulker
    4. Purpur blocks, stairs, pillars, and slabs
    5. Beetroot and Beetroot soup are edible "foodstuffs"
    6. Chorus Fruit and Popped Chorus Fruit are added
    7. Tipped arrows
    8. Spectral Arrow and bow is animated so in your hotbar, it looks like it is shooting
    9. Skeletons don't always have their hands out in front of them, unlike zombies
    10. End Stone Bricks
    11. End Rods
    12. Doors and pressure plates make different noises
    13. Command Blocks (we don't use these in the Sandlot, but it's still part of Minecraft :p) look a bit different
    14. Shields are added!!!
    15. You can use both hands!! Use 'F' to switch items
    16. Herobrine is removed (I never saw him but seeing the fact that he is going is sort of sad...:()

7. beanie_03

beanie_03 Mispelling Mississipi

Thank you so much for this c0wg0d!

I was sure I would explode if one more day was spent without sandlot.

8. zilory

lol Herobrine was never a thing. It is a story made up by a person on a Minecraft forum. Somewhere :p

• Like Like x 5
  9. Yanko

Yanko Master

@c0wg0d - First off, thanks a lot for that tutorial!

QUESTION:
    Would it be possible to create a new sub-server that is just Survival at 1.9, with no plugins? I think we mainly just want to be able to enjoy 1.9 with our friends for now, if at all possible.

this is kind of going off what this person said:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

Thanks, c0w! To be honest, I don't mind waiting, in fact, I haven't even played on 1.9 yet. I don't think I will like it... :/

• Like Like x 1
  11. birdguy_

birdguy_ Master VIP

yea they always say
    -removed herobrine
    but most dont even know that he wasnt real, lol
    they should stop saying that:p:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1.9 is better than it appears but when you forget about sword thing fighting skelly that can shoot from a distance that really stink cause you die.

13. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

It's really easy to kill a skeleton if you have a shield, since they block all arrow damage.

14. I had a stone sword no shield it was the first time i played 1.9.

15. Monkey_Chicka

But it's part of the big joke to say they removed him each time. Personally, I love this announcement with each update. :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Monkey_Chicka

Don't skeletons walk differently (more smoothly) in 1.9? I think I saw that when my kids were playing the snapshot a while ago and it was freaky.

17. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

They have a new AI which allows them to strafe while targeting a player.

• Like Like x 1
  18. zilory

Would this be a separate server or a server on sandlot I would personally love it but the only problems are that people would grief/steal without the plugins. (Time to get your enderchest goin! ;) )

19. Just let people fight and grief the whole world to death that would be fun!

20. zilory

Um not really. Younger kids and older people alike would be upset I think. I guess it could be thought of as a Frontier (Frontier FTW) where it will be reset so don't build something or whatever there lol.