Minecraft Bedrock 1.19.80+ update (is now supported)

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by waseric, Apr 26, 2023.

1. waseric

waseric The hidden hand Sandlot Administrator Moderator VIP

edit Apr. 27: 1.19.80 client is now supported.
    Bedrock client updated to 1.19.80 today. Plugin support is coming soon, but not certain how soon.

Since app stores tend to auto-update apps, if you use bedrock and can delay the auto update for a bit, that will let you continue to connect. If you have already updated to 1.19.80, I don't think there's a way to go backward.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. waseric

Plugin has been updated, and 1.19.80+ bedrock clients can now connect!

• Winner Winner x 7
  3. bizarr0

bizarr0 Master Moderator Elder VIP

For your efforts, you get this. :)

shutterstock_1055543114.jpg

• Beautiful Beautiful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. fancyfinn9

fancyfinn9 The Good Grammar Guy

Wait... the Sandlot supports Bedrock now?!? :O How did I miss this?!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. waseric

We are in the process of rolling it out. The basic technical capability is there. We haven't announced it yet, and don't have any supporting documentation. But, we do have some bedrock users, hence these updates.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. fancyfinn9

Wow, thank you!
    If I'd want to join (now that all us Java users got free Bedrock last summer), would it even work? Is there a whitelist for bedrock users too?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ebsidian

Ebsidian Fantasy Writer

I'm registered on my bedrock account (@Virexety) so basically;

To whitelist/register, you need to sign up your bedrock account individually on the forums from your java account, (different email too!) and once you are registered you can either add it in your bedrock serverlist, although this option needs to be replicated on every device, or you could add on bedrock the account SandlotMC as a friend, which will be there in your friends list on all devices. (It's how I play on the Switch!)

Now for the available gamemodes, right now you can only play survival like Easy, Normal, and Hard, plus Creative. Bedrock users have certain advantages in other gamemodes like PvP and parkour, so don't expect that too soon. For Skyblock, I'm not entirely sure, so I would ask a moderator.

I hope this helped! :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 1
  8. waseric

Good information @Ebsidian, thank you for sharing!

As a reminder: By law, you must be 13 or older to submit your own whitelist request. If you are not 13, your parent must do it on your behalf. No exceptions. We will deny whitelist requests from someone we understand to be under 13, even if you are already whitelisted under another account.
    Also remember rule 2, Be Honest. https://www.sandlotminecraft.com/pages/rules/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. fancyfinn9

Thanks a lot, Ebsidian! You've been very helpful!

I might even tell my younger sister :D (she often plays Minecraft on our tablet, as she's not that good with keyboard+mouse yet)

• Friendly Friendly x 1