Net Neutrality - A battle for the future of the internet

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 12, 2017.

1. CaptainFinner

CaptainFinner The Funny One Helper VIP

Someone told me about some article which predicted the ISP's will slow down services and claim "It's the holidays, so many people are accessing the Internet buffering is to be expected!".

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zapgig

Zapgig Animator

I am here to bring dark news guys... The FCC won... BUT there is still time! It has not been official yet... Keep fighting for YOUR freedom! (Yes I am in Canada) I wish I could help D:

“Edit”: lol I did not look at what the last page was talking about (which was primarily about it being appealed :p)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Admiral_XN

Admiral_XN Apprentice

I am not expecting something so extreme as charging to see a message, but net neutrality being discontinued may cause website owners to have to pay to get better search ratings, which would give a upperhand to larger companies. and would slow down creativity.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

Not really. Search rankings fall under the purview of the search engines, not the ISP, and the net neutrality ruling doesn't really affect them. Google was recently fined over a billion euros by the EU for antitrust violations in favoring its own services so I don't think this is something we'll need to worry about a whole lot.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Admiral_XN

Admiral_XN Apprentice

but they could give less data to websites that don't pay.

6. 9rac1e

9rac1e Professional Homework Doodler Helper VIP

Thank you c0w, My parents already know about this problem. This was so useful anyways!