New Ban Appeal Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 26, 2016.

1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

We have a new ban appeal process. As long as you follow our rules and are a good Sandlot citizen, you shouldn't ever have to worry about anything in this post. If you happen to find yourself banned, read on.

Ban appeals now require a forum account. We want every player who plays on The Sandlot to have a forum account.

If you are banned, and you do not currently have a forum account, you must first register on our website. There are instructions how to do that here: http://www.sandlotminecraft.com/thr...-questions-read-this-first.23541/#post-165749

It will seem odd that you have to apply for the whitelist when you are already a player, but just state in your application that you already have whitelist access and are simply requesting to create a forum account.

When loading the Appeal a Ban page, it will automatically fill in your username and email address from your logged in account. This will prevent typos that can sometimes delay ban pardons. If you are a parent or guardian appealing a ban for a child, you need to log out from your own account and log in with their forum account to appeal the ban.

You can find the Appeal a Ban page in the Help menu at the top of the page, as well as on the forums under the Sandlot Support section. The direct link is here: http://www.sandlotminecraft.com/appeal-ban

If you have any difficulties or feedback on this new process, please let me know.

• Like Like x 18
  2. RMicky

RMicky One-eyed One-horned Flying Purple People Eater VIP

cool thanks for this c0w!

3. drviccydds

drviccydds The Greatest Fictional Character VIP

Thanks, c0w!

4. Mickeyheart

Mickeyheart Grandificent Grandmama Mickeyosity Moderator Helper VIP

Thanks c0wg0d. I don't think I'll have to use this, but it's extremely useful information. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

thank you for your continued hard work!

6. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Thanks c0wbellie! ;)

Comment: When you go to the Help section of the forums, at the top of the screen, in the light blue header (under the larger dark blue header), there are two subtitles of Appeal a Ban. The first one (left) is the previous ban appeal forum; the second one (right) is this current forum. You can access both.

Question: Is it possible to make a note on asking who is filling out the ban appeal and who is responsible for being banned? What I mean by this is to have a small side message that asks/reminds (I don't mean for stating who is responsible for doing what a necessity, but maybe recommended?) to state who is filling out the ban appeal (e.g. parent/guardian, the player banned) and who got banned (e.g. child, the player banned). Thoughts?

Thanks for your continued work on The Sandlot!

• Like Like x 1
  7. c0wg0d

I think this might only be true for helpers and moderators. Can all of you see two entries for Appeal a Ban?

• Like Like x 1
  8. No. Thanks for the update it will help a lot of players out.

9. dwaaal

dwaaal Master

Thanks for the ypdate c0w!

10. CaptainFinner

CaptainFinner The Funny One Helper VIP

Thanks c0w!

11. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I can see two entries, but they looked like the info requested would cover who is filling vs banned.
    Glad I looked as ChanCe67T wants a forum account and is wanting to try to chat more. Might need it:rolleyes: but hope not!

• Like Like x 1
  12. partialjewel

partialjewel Espada 4 VIP

Hmm. but what if that player was banned from forums?
    I.E cannot access the forums with their account

13. c0wg0d

We rarely ban anyone from the forums. If we do, it means we will not consider an appeal from that person anyway.

14. RoseHare

RoseHare Title

xd

• Like Like x 1
  15. edwardkgh

edwardkgh Sandlot's Owl Helper

I can't

Thanks c0w!

16. level5089

level5089 Artisan

Me too but yes thanks Cow!

• Like Like x 1
  17. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

I also got a sandlot account before my fourms account.

18. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

Should my six year old brother get a four star account?

Oops! That should say fourm! :p

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  19. c0wg0d

It's not required, so it's up to him and your parents/guardians. If you are under 13, you must sign up with your parent or guardian.

20. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

I had to do that, and because I'm under 13, in order for it to have my correct age, I set my status to male, 10, from mars