Optifine Download

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by starrpowah, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starri

starri sandlot's okayest Helper

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right area to post it, but I'm guessing my best. My question is: Where is the website I can download optifine 1.11.2 safely, and where's the link for it? I want to avoid getting viruses, as I know how difficult it can be to get rid of them. Thank you for your time!

2. HotNate

HotNate Master

You want to go to the first link when you groogle optifine, then at the top click downloads. There are two ways to download. One is through adfly which is supposed to just show you an ads then download optifine but sometimes has things that try and make you install viruses. The other option is in parentheses and is called mirror, and this shows you ads (but usually not virus adds) and downloads it a different way. For option two you need to click this link right in the middle of the page.

It is up two you how to download but in general you should always have antivirus protection no matter how you download.

P.S. you might need someone to fact check this before you download.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. starri

starri sandlot's okayest Helper

Thanks, I think I got it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Important...on the "mirror" website, the download for Optifine will be a single line of text between two large start download buttons. The download buttons are for annoying adware, click DIRECTLY on the Optifine .jar text.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.