Recent Changes (October 16, 2014)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Oct 16, 2014.

1. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

Recent Changes:
    • Several plugin updates to help support 1.8 clients. This should reduce or eliminate crashes some players were experiencing when trying to connect with 1.8 clients.
    • Several 1.8 blocks are now available for use on the Semi-Vanilla, Creative, and Easy servers. You must now be running a 1.8 client to connect to these servers. (More information below)
    • Several updates to help support name changes - when they are able to be supported (more information below)
    1.8 Block Compatibility:

Many, if not most, 1.8 blocks are now available on the Semi-Vanilla, Creative, and Easy Survival servers. The following features/blocks are currently NOT available and will not work:
    • 1.8 Enchanting/Anvil mechanics
    • Armor stands
    • Banners
    • Natural spawning of new mobs
    • New potions
    • New potion brewing recipes
    • New structures
    • Slime blocks will not move other blocks
    In the Creative world, all of the new blocks (other than armor stands) are available in the 1.8 creative inventory, and can be placed just like any other block!

In the survival worlds (Semi-Vanilla and Easy Survival), the new blocks that are craftable can be crafted and placed. There's currently no way to find the uncraftable blocks, however. This will possibly be addressed in the future.

Note that it IS possible to craft diorite, granite, etc using currently available blocks. For example: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Diorite?version=e1ea3a8dc134087c8ff1b62a0c96ce59 shows how to craft diorite from cobblestone and nether quartz.

Upcoming Name Changes

Mojang has announced that they will be enabling name changes "very soon" (https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/521968228781006848)

Unfortunately, several of our plugins do not have updates available to support them. For instance, if you changed your name right now, you would be unable to access any of your land claims, locked chests, etc., and would appear basically as a brand new player when you first logged in. This obviously isn't acceptable.

Because of this, The Sandlot will not be supporting name changes for the
    foreseeable future. This will likely not change until Sponge is completed and we have updated.

When name changing functionality becomes available on the Mojang website, you can go ahead and change your name there, but your new name will not be reflected when you join The Sandlot. You will continue to be represented as your original name.

I understand this may frustrate many of you, but the current state of affairs does not allow us to support name changes at this time.

• Like Like x 11
  2. RexofAvalon

RexofAvalon Master Helper

Thank you cheracc! this will be fun

• Like Like x 2
  3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

o_O Man, why do I have to be stuck at work reading this news...

• Like Like x 6
  4. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

This. Except now I have to finish school really fast so I can build with 1.8 blocks :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Drzzter

Drzzter Master Elder Helper

Since you can't log in to Easy or Normal without 1.8, I'm basically stuck out of both. I lag incredibly badly to the point where I either crash or can't move in that version even with the new plugin updates.. o_O

• Like Like x 4
  6. RexofAvalon

RexofAvalon Master Helper

well at least in factions you can use 1.7.10

• Like Like x 2
  7. cheracc

Try the 1.8.1 prerelease: http://mojang.com/2014/10/minecraft-1-8-1-pre-release-1/

It mentions several performance-related bugfixes.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

Cheracc my sister mgdc is trying to teach a banner art class but you cannot crash banners.

• Like Like x 2
  9. cheracc

no banners currently

• Like Like x 2
  10. Drzzter

err.. I can't figure out how to use it.

It's not in my versions list.. ..if that's where it should be..

• Like Like x 3
  11. cheracc

You have to enable "developmental versions" or something like that. At work right now so i can't tell you exactly where it is.

• Like Like x 2
  12. LunaLovegood

Ok and I ment craft not crash xd.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Albinia

Albinia Time Lady Helper

When you edit your profile, check the box that says "allow use of snapshots" or something like that. Then it should be on your list.

• Like Like x 2
  14. LunaLovegood

Will there be soon?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Drzzter

Ah ok, I figured it would be something silly like that.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Drzzter

Still doesn't work nearly as well as 1.7.10..

• Like Like x 3
  17. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

1.8.1-pre2 was just released today. Is that the one you tried?

• Like Like x 2
  18. cheracc

Probably not

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

Well...i guess i won't be playing those worlds anytime soon....

• Like Like x 2
  20. piegosaurus

piegosaurus aesthetic Helper VIP

I love the new blocks :3

• Like Like x 3