Sandlot Hardcore Relaunch: Available now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Blaise__

Blaise__ Book Nerd

I really think the terrain is cool. I just played for a few minutes and I might be interested to play more. *wink wink* ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. briberry

briberry Master

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HARDCORE IS BACK SO EXCITED. I HAVEN'T BEEN ON IT IN SO LONG. SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. briberry

briberry Master

will @c0wg0d tell us what this "Gorn" rank is? or will you spoil it to us? o3o

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

Thanks c0w! Everything sounds awesome :D

I voted 'creative' on the post.... because I want creative mode. Gimme!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

So would that make 9 deaths the same as 10? (10-9 = 1 and deaths 10 and greater makes modifier = 1) ;)

Also, is there a command to check the leaderboard in game or is it posted on signs somewhere?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok I will check it out but I still don't know about the resets.

• Like Like x 1
  7. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Not quite. I didn't explain it very well... Here's the code, I'm sure you can figure it out from here :D https://github.com/c0wg0d/SandlotHa...andlothardcore/handler/ScoreboardHandler.java

The leaderboard is always visible on the right side of the screen (like in Skywars).

8. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

Woohoo!

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheNovelist

TheNovelist Paperback Writer

I'm just now seeing the Creepers have a larger explosion. I wish I had known that sooner ROFL

10. RatMazeMind

I see now. Thank you!
    If I am reading the code correctly, wouldn't c0wg0d have 500 total points in the third example in the main post? score = score (500) * deathsPenalty (1)

Also, it looks like someone with exactly 10 deaths would have zero points since the "if" statement is only for greater than 10.
    deathsPenalty = (10-10) * 10 = 0
    score = score * 0

Should it be: if (deaths >= 10) then deathsPenalty = 1 ?

Sorry if I am missing something or misreading it.

Okay, thanks again! Never played Skywars since I don't generally enjoy PvP.

But, I love this hardcore idea! Especially since my favorite parts of MC are early game and exploring! Thanks for your hard work again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

You're absolutely right. Good catch!

12. RatMazeMind

:D Sometimes it helps to ask annoying questions. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. AndromedaJulie

AndromedaJulie Official Namer of Pets Helper

WOW!
    Even though I am a die-hard SVS player, I am now proceeding to "die hard" repeatedly in hardcore for the first time ever. It's way awesome.

1. The on-screen leaderboard is driving me bonkers. It's taking up a ton of space. It's fun, but I wonder if it could be listed somewhere on a secondary screen, like when you hit TAB and get a player listing in SVS. Likewise, I love the cute achievement names (and this will probably slow down after the first month or so once people have had a chance to try hardcore), but they are also filling up the screen. So there is a LOT of text on the screen, making it hard for me, with my distraction problems and aging eyes, to slay my chickens.

2. The landscape rocks!

3. The small scale and survival situation is creating, for me, a totally different playing situation. I am a lone player in SVS whereas here I am interacting a lot more.

This is fun. Thank you!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. thenameisdiamond

thenameisdiamond Sandlot Video and Audio Artist

Aww yeah! Thanks @c0wg0d!!!!!!!! (Sorry for spam I am just excited lol)

15. Darth_Pink

Darth_Pink Master

Haha, funny April fools joke.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yea, the leaderboard has taken to flashing again...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. micropuf

micropuf Adept

This sounds amazing! Thank you for all your hard work. Can't wait to try it out.

18. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

If only it was April 1st.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. RatMazeMind

The leaderboard is a little big. I wouldn't mind if it had smaller text. And as @JackenKracken said above, it is flashing a lot.

You can change the size of your chat in Options... Chat Settings... Scale. But that would make the text smaller so it may be harder to read. I keep mine at 50%.
    I can take or leave the achievement announcements as I usually get tunnel vision and don't notice chat at all when I'm focused.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cxttoncandy

cxttoncandy slay queen Helper VIP

Yay!!!!
    I've never really been on hardcore! But now I'M SO EXCITED! Thanks @c0wg0d!!!!!