Sandlot Hardcore Relaunch: Available now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Monkey_Chicka

Monkey_Chicka Insert coffee to start Moderator Helper VIP

Wow, this sounds AWESOME!!! I am very excited. I am expecting to die again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MJRminer

MJRminer Major Miner, (Re)Tired Mod Elder VIP

This is great - I am loving it!
    thanks @c0wg0d :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

I was able to get that achievement today! (Couldn't yesterday.) Thank you!

I like that the map is big enough to explore, but small enough that you have a good chance of running into people. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Woohoo! I'm so excited to play; thanks c0w and Mods! :D Bummer I have to wait about a week...

Could there be a Ninja Mask collection achievement? Pretty please... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bezoarnut

Bezoarnut Artisan Elder VIP

I don't know java, but it was fun peeking at the code. As suspected up above, the score code has a fencepost condition bug:

Code:
                int deathsPenalty = (10 - deaths) * 10;
                if (deaths > 10) {
                    deathsPenalty = 1;
                }
                score = score * deathsPenalty;

The conditional should be:

Code:
    if (deaths >= 10)
    Otherwise, a death count of exactly 10 would force the score to equal 0, but death counts of >=11 would result in the desired outcome of 10% of unpenalized score. So it's better to have died more than 10 times than 10 times!

• Like Like x 2
  6. KyanG7

KyanG7 Adept

I have a banned item, golden apples, and now you can't stop me! Hehe :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I am currently unable to complete the achievement for crafting a brewing stand. I have crafted 3 of them, but the achievement has not been given.

• Like Like x 1
  8. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I believe this will be fixed after the next restart. Thanks for the report.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bezoarnut

Bezoarnut Artisan Elder VIP

What's the mod that causes the cool new terrain generation?

It's great and I'd love to use it on single-player worlds at home, if possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TheNovelist

TheNovelist Paperback Writer

Is the next restart this year in May or next year?

11. Kyukuro

This year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kyukuro

Another issue with achievements -- When you trade with a villager for the first time, it completes the achievement for trading with 25 villagers and also gives the reward for that achievement. The same thing happened when @dj_H tried too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Whoops. This was just a misconfiguration on my part. I won't be able to fix the issue for those that already earned the achievement this hardcore season, but it will be fixed for everyone else. Thanks for the report.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Webkins1

Webkins1 Bunny Whisperer Helper

I have 1 question @c0wg0d....

Since creepers blow up, would walking into someone's claim with a creeper following you and then if you blew up would it ruin the terrain/build on that claim?

15. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

I think so...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kyukuro

Yes, it would.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tuxx__

Tuxx__ Master

MWWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fear me, UHC players!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

I expect this is a joke @DanishG10.

Just to be painfully clear, for any who might be confused or wrongly tempted to prank/troll someone...

Luring mobs onto another player's claim, for any reason, is an explicit violation of Rule 3: Be respectful.
    • Do not use Minecraft mechanics to damage other players' property (e.g., letting zombies into a village to turn villagers into zombie villagers).
    This is a form of griefing and will be punished if we learn of it.

UHC is not factions. It is a much harder survival server. It has claims protection to prevent griefing by other players. Using a mob to perform the griefing will not excuse a player who lures the mob onto somebody's claim.

If you are being chased by a creeper, please don't run onto somebody's claim. Try to "lose it" or kill it out in the wilderness.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Tuxx__

Tuxx__ Master

Yes, it was meant to be a joke. I'm sorry if anyone was confused by that comment. But yeah, intentionally ruining someone's claim is not at all what I was trying to encourage. :) I haven't tried the new UHC yet but it sounds challenging. I hope that this new server helps players to get better at the survival aspect of Minecraft.

• Like Like x 6
  20. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

At first, I thought the UHC map was too small... until I was randomly teleported after my 2nd death. It was then that I saw the wisdom of @c0wg0d 's choice in sizing UHC as I headed back to my base... I mean, 3,000s block is a hike, but it's not the 10,000 block journey I had thought I wanted!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1