Sandlot Hardcore Relaunch: Available now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mickeyheart

Mickeyheart Grandificent Grandmama Mickeyosity Moderator Helper VIP

Thanks c0wwie :)

2. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

Well... here's a question: do we like the South East TP??? just think-- that's where players who... um... die frequently can set up base! So it would be a sort of... well... like - beginner area!

My vote is to make it all the way random by fixing the TP to go positive and negative x & z-- but I could (actually am) getting used to respawning southeast (even though my base is northwest).

3. MJRminer

MJRminer Major Miner, (Re)Tired Mod Elder VIP

So that's why all those houses are empty...I thought those were just pre-fab houses put up by the Cow government :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

2 exploits:

1) new compass every log-on (you can make maps easily with this)
    2) new book of achievements every 15 minutes (2 identical books can be traded to librarians for 1 emerald).

@Avatar_plays_MC I found a trade for 10 emeralds ---> 1 compass (can't exploit that). Was there another trade I missed?

good thing we're still testing, right?

also- many say no snow can be found.
    and are slime chunks really not happening here?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

It's actually a compass for an emerald, so you can basically get a free emerald every time you relog. Cartographer trade.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

I haven't seen any snow, slimes, or llamas. Those achievements will go unachieved. :(

xd

• Like Like x 2
  7. Avatar_plays_MC

I saw one large slime in a cave under my old house once.... that was it.

If the slimes really become an issue I am willing to give someone the coordinates for them to make a slime farm.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Avatar_plays_MC

Finally finished mapping the entire UHC world! Thanks dj_H for the supplies and elytra!
    I'm planning to put a copy at spawn for everyone to see, but you can pm me your coords and I'll give you a copy too.
    The original is at around x -1030 z -830, at the top of dj's sky base. Warp to the top portal via nether and it's the first thing you'll see. Nether coords are -130 -100.
    Free iron, sugarcane, melons, pumpkins, enchanted books, enchanted rods and bows, and eggs are available up there too.
    Here's a picture:
    [​IMG]

Zero snow, or any swamps for slimes to spawn in. Hmm.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SmolJar

SmolJar obsessed with fish and axolotls

This will be VERY hard....
    But also fair because of the reset, I'm tired of having nothing and everyone else being a pro in 1 hour THANK YOU C0WG0D

• Like Like x 2
  10. Avatar_plays_MC

The end is actually way over that- at almost 10,000, I believe.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

...not that we are complaining! By any means... all those tasty elytra, just waiting for me... er, I mean, all of us. I've found that traveling beyond x or z values more/less than +/-5000 value will teleport you either, UNDER the main island at 0,0 (so work quickly with your spacebar, and rockets to fly out alive!) if you are flying, or near the border if crossed by walking (e.g. I was teleported to x = -4999 z = 0).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Avatar_plays_MC

Regeneration II potions do not work as of this post. Will test regen I soon.

13. Duaner02

Duaner02 Expert

No; e.g. i got 5 points and have died once: 5 *{times} 9{10-1} * 10 = 450

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  14. Duaner02

Duaner02 Expert

Which plugins where used?

15. Avatar_plays_MC

You can use /plugins in-game to see the list.

16. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

Just out of curiosity, what custom terrain generator are you using? I'd like to learn more about it. I must see things I've never seen before! :) At least, as long as I can do it from my comfy chair. xd

17. dj_H

dj_H Your Skyblock Host

I was under the impression that c0wg0d hoof-crafted each tree and flower with kindness and a complete devotion to perfection. If this is not the case, please... Just leave old dj_H in the dark.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Avatar_plays_MC

Regen I does not work either. Maybe a conflict with beacons?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Sorry but a magician never reveals their secrets. :p

Yeah. I thought that regen potions worked when I was testing, but I must have been mistaken. The problem is that there is no way in the programming code to tell HOW your health is being regenerated (like from a golden apple, regen potion, or beacon), just that it IS being regenerated. It's an all-or-nothing thing unless you do some weird and complicated code that checks for when a player last ate a golden apple, scanning all blocks around a player looking for a beacon and seeing if the beacon is active, and all kinds of other nasty stuff I didn't want to bother with.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MJRminer

MJRminer Major Miner, (Re)Tired Mod Elder VIP

I think the global ban in regeneration worked fine...don't make it more complicated than it needs to be or too easy ;)

• Agree Agree x 3