Scheduled Maintenance: Wednesday, December 16th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Dec 9, 2015.

1. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

What was the cause, sorry I couldnt be there :(

2. Mariocrity

Mariocrity Brick Breaker Elder Helper VIP

• Like Like x 1
  3. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

While reflecting on this issue, (at 2AM when most epiphanies occur), I wondered why the proxy kick principally occurs on the lobby and arenas...

Shouldn't proxy kicks occur everywhere, since we use the same chat plugin everywhere? Or, is chat on those servers unique somehow?

• Like Like x 1
  4. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I don't chat much, so not sure how this relates. Could it be if someone on any server is chatting, that it affects those two servers?

5. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I think it mostly occurs in the lobby because that is the default/fallback server.

6. bizarr0

bizarr0 Master Moderator Elder VIP

So, if I'm picking up what you're putting down @c0wg0d .... You're saying the Proxy Kick mini-game is still open to new players to try their hand at becoming the new Proxy Kick Champion! ;)

• Like Like x 9
  7. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

Picking up what he put down? What if it has germs!
    It might occur in arenas due to the different death messages?

Also, our chat plugin developer came on today to do some fiddling around with the proxy kicks! (aka saying a bunch of random words in chat)

8. TheAfkOne

TheAfkOne something amusing VIP

9. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

he never said it was fixed, hes working on it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Avatar_plays_MC

Umm... The maintenance was almost two weeks ago. They already figure out the cause.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OllieBartel

OllieBartel Journeyman

12. x_R4v3PUPPY333_x

x_R4v3PUPPY333_x the vidya game playa

Can someone give me a list of the words that kick ya?

13. Avatar_plays_MC

They all can Proxy kick you. It happens most often in Lobby and Arenas, though.

14. LifeLearner

The issue, MCKing, might not be what you type - rather what somebody else types that gets you kicked.

We do understand how frustrating this is because it happens to us as well. :(

• Like Like x 3
  15. x_R4v3PUPPY333_x

x_R4v3PUPPY333_x the vidya game playa

So it basically kicks a random player? that is annoying, hope it's fixed in arenas 1.8, because in creative 1.8, it seems to be dulled down a bit

16. LifeLearner

c0wg0d is working really hard to try to figure out what is wrong. We use lots of plug-ins and sometimes they conflict with each other. It is hard to troubleshoot exactly what is going wrong. We have had 2 different plugin developers visit The Sandlot trying to help us.

We just have to be really patient.

• Like Like x 4
  17. HotNate

HotNate Master

I know this is a old thread, but was this ever remedied? I personally have seen a decrease in proxy kicks.

18. Avatar_plays_MC

We went back to the old chat plugin until the developers fix it. That is why the proxy kicks are gone.