Skyblock 1.8 Test Server Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Mar 14, 2015.

1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Hi everyone! It's 4 am and I need some sleep. :)

I have created a Skyblock Minecraft 1.8 test server. There is a very good chance I messed some things up. This is where you come in. Please go to the lobby and head upstairs to cheracc's statue. Behind the statue, you will see a SkyB Test sign. Right click it and you will be transported to the magical new Skyblock test server.

As you will see from the giant wall of text that greets you as you join, nothing you do on that server will be permanent. I repeat, NOTHING you do on this server will transfer back to the real, original Skyblock server. It is for TESTING ONLY. Try to complete challenges and see if you get rewards, currency and xp properly. Join other islands. Restart your own island. Try to grief spawn. Try to grief other people's islands. Use spawn eggs. Buy stuff at spawn and see if it works. Check out the beacons at Razz and Indrichi's islands and see if you are getting their effects. Try potions. Try to AFK at a mob farm and see how the spawn rates are. Try to give other players money. Reset your island's spawn point. Change your biome to something else and see if it works. Invite, kick, and ban players from your island.

Challenges have not been modified for 1.8 yet, but that is likely to happen so that we can get the new 1.8 blocks and other goodies. This is not the time or place to ask those questions.

If you notice anything weird, post it below. DO NOT create separate bug reports for these, just post everything you find below. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  2. bobandbunny

bobandbunny Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo! Moderator Elder Helper VIP

They lobby signs do not work, you cant get out. Also lockette signs that would normally lock a chest don't work.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  3. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

c0w i can't get out of test sky block

4. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

Me neither, i got out using the direct Sandlot IP and ended up in Uhc, but when i did /hub to go to the lobby it teleported me to inside the Skyblock portal, so i didn't have time to get out.

5. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

bigaht teleported us out but signs not fixed so don't go into sky block test(regulars fine)

6. c0wg0d

Lobby signs are fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  7. margaritte

margaritte Master VIP

Thanks again, c0wg0d for all the man-hours!

• Like Like x 3
  8. ThomasFamilyX3

ThomasFamilyX3 Adept Elder

1.8 recipes seem to work including wood variations for doors etc. Can't pick up items from others island but can "steal" the XP. Also can not do damage to hostile mobs on anothers island exept for slime cubes... But they will damage you!! Challenges gave you both XP and $ did not try to build to see if island level went up or not. Changing island spawn changed it for others coming to my island but I still warped to the original point I had set......

Thank You for everything you do C0wg0d!! This is going to be amazing!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. c0wg0d

I added a 3rd lobby sign in between the two other ones. Does that one work for you guys?

10. HotNate

HotNate Master

Do you mean beside stuff in the chat you should do stuff that might get you banned and post about it? Or just do the normal skyblock stuff?

11. HotNate

HotNate Master

If I you grief someones island do you get banned?

12. StarWarsFan42

StarWarsFan42 Master Helper VIP

No, he asked you too. :p

13. c0wg0d

No, you won't get banned for griefing someone's island, because it just should not be possible anyway. But this is a test, so we want to do everything we can to break it so that when the real server is used there won't be unforeseen problems.

14. Aerazykil

Aerazykil Master Elder VIP

Items Tested so far.
    Invited someone to my island
    They built a Spruce Door and it works
    They put down a chest

Bought 2 Sheep eggs and 1 lava bucket
    Placed both Sheep
    Attempted to raid Indrichi's island but could not do the following
    • Open Chest, furnace, crafting table, enchanting table
    • Place lava from the bucket i bought
    • Break any blocks
    • Push buttons
    • Kill Animals or mobs (MSG: Animal Protect: You cannot attack mobs here), except for Slimes (which i did get XP for)
    • Pick up the Slimeball loot (MSG: You cannot pick up other player's loot when you are a visitor.)
    Looking for mobs to kill now

One oddity - The Nether Portal took me to the lobby

One Benefit! Dark Oak trees form correctly now. No shifting at the top layers

• Like Like x 3
  15. StarWarsFan42

StarWarsFan42 Master Helper VIP

We can't use crafting tables on other people's island, and yes, beacons do work :)

16. HotNate

HotNate Master

When I typed /is and pressed shop it said unown command. I am new to skyblock should that happen?

17. HotNate

HotNate Master

The third lobby sign works.

18. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

That portion of the skyblock plugin has always been disabled. It was meant by the originial plug-in author for server donors to buy special in-game perks.

19. mgdc_coco

mgdc_coco Master Helper

Ill go check it out sounds cool.

20. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

LegoBoyo was able to open chests when his name was not on the sign. These chests had signs for myself or PaddlerDude only.