Solar Eclipse in the United States this Monday!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Aug 19, 2017.

1. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

You can use this: [​IMG] to see the eclipse (NOT FOR LOOKING AT THE ECLIPSE), the circles will turn to crescents like in the picture.

• Like Like x 1
  2. potaxxiium

potaxxiium Master

Unfortunately my school won't be able to go outside, even though they encourage us to have our parents to take us to see it. I don't know if I will be able to see the Eclipse. However if you are seeing the eclipse be safe and have fun!

3. ishx_

ishx_ Inscrutible VIP

I have glasses and I live in
    Nashville. So i get to see 100% of it! *and possibly meet a yt person thats coming to nashville for the eclipse*

• Like Like x 2
  4. DattMale

DattMale Master

Today is the day! so excited!!!!!!

5. Pacquiaoo

Pacquiaoo Master VIP

I can't see it because my parents want me to do something else at that particular time.. -_-

6. briberry

briberry Master

if you can't see the eclipse, just watch it on television on the news... it's what my family's doing

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. oddquake

oddquake trying to be the best she can be

I completely forgot that the eclipse was the week before my trip O-o
    Well, I'm watching it on tv xd
    (I forgot to remind my parents to get solar eclipse glasses kri)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  8. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I've been watching it for the last half hour and it's so awesome! I even got to see it through a telescope with a sun filter!

• Like Like x 2
  9. bizarr0

bizarr0 Master Moderator Elder VIP

I haven't seen this many people outside since Pokemon Go got released last summer! ROFL

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Tuxx__

Tuxx__ Master

lol, I did the same thing ;) My mom didn't think it worked

11. Blaise__

Blaise__ Book Nerd

The Eclipse was amazing! It got so dark that the lights outside turned on, and it got really cold!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Captain_Popsicle

Captain_Popsicle RUSH EM LADS! VIP

Where I am right now (my house), we get 99.17%! Watching it was super cool as it passed in front of the sun. Our street got darker and the street lights came on ROFL

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. YSElectro

YSElectro tesseracting since 2016

My dad and i made the pinhole projector so that we could both see the eclipse( we already had glasses) it works perfectly!

14. SupersonicE9

SupersonicE9 Retro Gamer Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I was able to see the eclipse!!! :D (I used protective glasses, of course.) It covered most of the sun where I was at! :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

We saw about 70% where I live, my dad got some really cool photos of it- I'll upload those in an hour or two :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

Woo hoo just saw it. It was awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The full eclipse is amazing and the rest is cool to but not nearly as good.

18. The eclipse was awesome!!! Its so cool how scientists are intelligent enough to predict it and uncover facts about the solar system

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CaptainFinner

CaptainFinner The Funny One Helper VIP

It looked v cloudy :rolleyes: but i used a welding helmet for a min and it looked pretty cool! But w/o glasses it was just a cloudy day well looked like cloudy day :p

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  20. Xovyota

Xovyota Has A Creative Title

It was pretty cloudy, luckily it cleared up in time! :rolleyes:

I got a few pictures! :D

IMG_0503.jpg IMG_0504.jpg
    They weren't very good...All I did was put my eclipse glasses in front of the camera lens and took pictures in the sky without looking. xd

These ones were the only ones that I could kind of see, hopefully y'all got to see the eclipse yourselves. :)