Sorry - another help needed in SVS shop

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by EatThemRashers, Apr 7, 2017.

1. I have a much larger shop now. But yet again there are remnants from a previous tenant that I cannot remove (sorry!). You can see coords in the image below - I would like to remove all the signage - the two "books upstairs" signs and the two frames up high. The chests with diamonds are mine.

Thanks in advance! :)

2017-04-07_00.03.56.png

2. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

@Kyukuro ;)

3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

There is a command to "clean up" these protections, where a block was protected but has since been removed. I ran that command tonight:

Cleanup completed. Removed 2345 protections out of 29500 checked protections.

Everyone please check and make sure all your chests, furnaces, etc. are all still protected. If all is well, I can run this command after every shop rental expiration so this doesn't happen in the future.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

I've seen these posts, but am not fully knowledgeable about what is causing it/how to prevent it/solve it.

Does anyone mind explaining what causes this exactly, and how to prevent/solve this?

5. c0wg0d

When someone places a chest in their shop, it is automatically protected with the LWC plugin. If the shop expires, the chest is removed, but the protection is still in place (on the block which is now air). If someone else rents the shop, when they place a chest in the exact same spot, it is still protected under the previous renter's name.

If I run the clean up command after a shop is unrented, the blocks that turn to air when the shop is cleared will no longer be protected, which will fix the issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. @c0wg0d, I think your script probably does do a good cleanup job on removed items but in this case, the items still exist and the script doesn't seem to have an impact. I just tried removing the carryover objects and still get a "Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here." error. So same issue as above. Thanks.

7. Ugh, I also just added chests that I cannot use so there is still a residual cleanup problem there too on expired chest cleanup. There are now two chests that I just placed that are owned by _PawsInTheSnow per /cinfo.

8. c0wg0d

I was afraid of that, but at least it won't happen again in the future! If no other moderator can get to this before me, I will clean this up.

9. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Thanks c0wbell for the response!

If players remove the protection on their chests, would that solve the problem? Other players can't access chest contents in an owned shop, right?

10. c0wg0d

Correct.

• Like Like x 1