The time has come to bid adieu

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Mar 2, 2017.

1. SmolJar

SmolJar obsessed with fish and axolotls

So beautiful... =C=C=C

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. GrassPelt

GrassPelt Architect Elder Helper

Even though I never really got to meet you, I am extremely grateful for everything you've done for the Sandlot, and for its creation itself. I don't want to make a long post, nor can I really think of what I should say right now. So, I'll keep it short and sweet.

Thank you @cheracc. For Sandlot. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

@cheracc We always tell our players that real life comes first. You are setting the example for all of us. I wish you the very best in all of your future endeavors.

As a parent, I was delighted to find The Sandlot for my sons. They have had so much fun here, and learned some valuable life lessons as well. Shortly after they joined, I purchased my PC account, and have never looked back. The Sandlot will be a part of our fondest memories for this period of their lives.

Thanks for creating the conditions that allowed this wonderful community to flourish.

@c0wg0d I look forward to your leadership with this legacy and have every confidence that The Sandlot will continue to thrive.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

Thanks so much cheracc for starting this incredible server and all you have done for it and the community over the years. It is truly a wonderful place and your efforts started it all.

Best of luck in all that you do and god bless you and your family.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. hamsrus1

hamsrus1 you got to keep em moderated Moderator Elder VIP

@cheracc, as one of the players who has been here for a while, I can appreciate your vision for The Sandlot including when life got in the way, and in your asking c0wg0d to accept a lot of the responsibility for the server. I believe these decisions were good ones, and that the server has flourished because of that.

personally, I feel that between you and c0w, Sandlot has had two talented people who have shown their care and dedication to Sandlot in their own ways. so, for me, I am hoping that this means that you can come around more often as a player, and I look forward to that. as for c0wg0d, I think he has done a wonderful job in sharing your vision.

"life is what happens when we are making plans" I think of Sandlot kind of like a relay race, in which you took the baton, ran with it as far as you could, and are passing it on to c0w, often in life we may start things that others will continue. I kinda grew up on The Sandlot, and I feel like Sandlot is a type of family and sometimes family members have to go away, but that we will always miss them and welcome them back.

I've cherished all the time I've been on The Sandlot and have been so happy to be able to contribute to it... thanks for trusting an excited 13 year old kid. thank you for everything and I'm so glad to have met you, c0wg0d, and everyone else on The Sandlot. I pray for your family that you have health and happiness. best wishes, and see you soon.

• Like Like x 9
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. nefarious_neo

nefarious_neo Tiny, but fierce!

Thank you for creating such an amazing server. I have made so many memories here that I will never forget, and hope to continue to make so many more!

See you later cheracc, Sandlot will miss you! :( Thanks again. I really have made so many memories here.

I know that @c0wg0d will do an amazing job with running the server. As he has been an amazing player, helper, moderator, admin, and now owner. :) So thank you c0w, for everything you have done and are continuing to do for The Sandlot.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. forestpaw1

forestpaw1 Master VIP

Thank you so much for starting this server, cheracc. I've met lots friends here and have had so many awesome experiences. You have started an amazing community that I'll never forget. We'll all miss you, and good luck! I hope to see you again in the future! <3
    Also, congratulations on the promotion, c0w. I know you'll do great. You and cheracc are both fabulous players, and thanks again for all of the effort you both have put into The Sandlot!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. MJRminer

MJRminer Major Miner, (Re)Tired Mod Elder VIP

Thanks for creating such a wonderful community @cheracc

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Thank you, Cheracc! -- not only for establishing the foundations of this amazing community, but for also entrusting c0wg0d as an administrator to hold the fort in your absence. I wasn't around when you were active, but I really do appreciate everything you have done for us. None of us would be here right now, if not for you. C0wg0d has a real passion for the server, and I know he will ensure it continues to offer the same values Sandlot always has.

What is this "real life" you speak of!? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. CaptainFinner

CaptainFinner The Funny One Helper VIP

Farewell cheracc. Thank you for everything. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. chrystla

chrystla Master

I know I have never really seen/meet you on the server cheracc, but that does not mean I know the hard work you have put into the server. It is obvious to all that you put your heart into this server, and I for one am greatly indebted to you for it! I and my son love this server! I look forward to seeing you sometime down the road!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Virgeric

Virgeric Social Distancing since 1982! Moderator Elder VIP

Always remember: without you, there would have been no Sandlot! The best ideas still need somebody to turn them into a reality, and you did this for Sandlot. The community will always have a debt to you.

Unfortunately, I think I came in as you were reducing your involvement so we never really spent a lot of time together. But thank you for creating the Sandlot, which has really added a fun dimension to my life and the lives of so many others.

All the best!

V.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Thank you for the vision that created this server, and helped it flourish.

Immense respect for the recognition and the strength that you needed to have someone else assume the duties.

Looking forward to seeing Cheracc playing on Sandlot.

JK

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

@cheracc Thank you for creating the Sandlot! You gave me a safe place for my son and I to play Minecraft together and we found a great, uniquely positive community as well. You have made an impact. It is also truly an honor to be a moderator on the Sandlot. I do hope we'll see you now and then.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Blaise__

Blaise__ Book Nerd

Thank you @cheracc without this server I would still be playing Single Player! I am thankful you started this family-friendly server for everyone. Best of luck to you!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. JackenBracken

JackenBracken Master Helper VIP

Goodbye, I will miss you being owner. I hope to see you on the sandlot other times, and I hope you have fun.

-Jb

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. AndromedaJulie

AndromedaJulie Official Namer of Pets Helper

Cheracc, thank you so much for this great work - a safe and truly fun place for our children (and, as it turns out, US!!) to play and socialize. It is a huge gift.

Enjoy life!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. MaximeBkk

MaximeBkk Master

Cheracc, from the day when I came to Sandlot, for me, you we're a great Owner, you did things that amazed me. We all understand that you need to move on to your life, and we accept that, we are sure that c0wg0d will be a great Owner, maybe like you. We all hope that you'll come one day say a little hi, or something, if not, it's fine, because you did an amazing job that we all respect and enjoy. Goodbye Cheracc, we hope you have a great continuation.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

@cheracc thank you for serving sandlot as owner for 5+ years. You were awesome. I'm sad to see you go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

Thanks, cheracc for a wonderful 3-4 years on sandlot.

PS: Happy early 5-year anniversery on fourms, cheracc!

Congratz c0w!

cheracc Will you have a "Sandlot Creator" banner on your name?

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1