Which is my Minecraft user name? (Java Edition and Bedrock)

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by waseric, May 7, 2023.

1. waseric

waseric The hidden hand Sandlot Administrator Moderator VIP

I want to be whitelisted on Sandlot. What account name should I use?

If you are using Minecraft: Java Edition, then you should whitelist your Java Profile Name. If you are using any other version of Minecraft, then you should whitelist your XBox Gamer Tag.

What's the difference between Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft (also known as bedrock)?

There are two completely different account types you can whitelist and use with the Sandlot. They correspond with the two entirely different types of Minecraft games.

Minecraft: Java Edition is the original Minecraft. It runs on personal computers, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Minecraft (also known as Bedrock) is completely different from Minecraft: Java Edition. Bedrock runs on a wide variety of devices, including (but not limited to) personal computers, tablets, phones (android and ios), and gaming consoles (xbox, switch, playstation).

Sandlot's servers run Minecraft Java Edition. Bedrock users are supported through a special compatibility layer.
    • Java Edition will generally give the best experience on Sandlot.
    • Bedrock supports the greatest number of different devices.

How do I find my different account names?

There is one authoritative place you can find BOTH your Java Profile Name and your XBox Gamer Tag:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/msaprofile/mygames/editprofile

upload_2023-5-7_11-39-16.png
    upload_2023-5-7_11-39-16.png

Some things to know:

Same name for XBox Gamer Tag and Java Profile Name
    In the example above, both the XBox account and Java Profile Name are the same (waseric). More often, Xbox and Java Profile Name are different. Sandlot does not currently support whitelisting both an XBox Gamer Tag and Java Profile Name where they are the same (as in this screenshot).

I want to play with both Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft (bedrock). Can I do that?
    Yes! You will need to create a Sandlot forums account (whitelist) for EACH type of account. It will help if you decide which forums account will be your main. We generally require that "alt" (alternate account) forums accounts are read-only.

I created a Sandlot forums account (whitelisted) the wrong account and can't log in. What now?
    Please submit a new whitelist request (create a new forums account). Let us know what happened, including which account you already whitelisted, and whether you wish to keep it whitelisted. We'll get it straightened out. Because we whitelist based on a user's account name, we need to go through the same steps we did to research and whitelist your original account. If your situation is more complex than that, then please send an email to admin [at] sandlotminecraft.com.

Note
    This is a placeholder post. It will be replaced by our upcoming documentation updates in support of our very new bedrock support.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2