Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by JackenKracken, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Option no longer available to enter Minecraft name and for it to link. Only option I get is to browse for skin, and then it says skin is larger than 1 byte and fails...

JK

2. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Yes, avatars are now automatic based on your forum account name, and there is no option to change them, except by changing your Minecraft skin via minecraft.net.

3. KYL3R142

KYL3R142 Master

So for my new skin to pop up I need to change my forum account name to my new one?

4. margaritte

margaritte Master VIP

My forum account name IS my MC name, and I'm still a Steve. A sad, sad Steve. I'm not sure what to do either.

5. talonreese888

talonreese888 Novice

My forum name is slightly different than my account name, and it looks like and admin would have to change that for me. Is that correct, and would you be able to do it when you have time c0wgod? (my minecraft name is talonreese888 )

6. c0wg0d

I fixed those for you guys.

• Like Like x 2
  7. c0wg0d

Yes that's correct.

8. talonreese888

talonreese888 Novice

Thank you!

9. My username on all other servers are TheEternalHope2. But on Sandlot mine is BlockCrusher913 and my skin head doesn't show. Do I have to change my other server username to BlockCrusher913? - BlockCrusher913 to c0wg0d

10. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

Yes, but you have to wait a month before you can od that accordion to Mojang's policies. In order to have you skin here, your username on forums must be TheEternalHope2

11. c0wg0d

Yes, there are currently no plans to support name changes on the forums. The plugin we are using to get avatars is supposed to support name changes, in that if you change your name, your skin will still update, but it has some bugs. I've been working with the developer of the plugin to get that resolved, but no luck yet. It seems to work fine for new accounts but not old ones.

So BlockCrusher913, you will be stuck with that skin until next month when you can change your name back.

12. KYL3R142

KYL3R142 Master

Thanks c0w, I really appreciate it!

13. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

Changed my skin for the first time since the old SVS map, lost my avatar.

14. Drzzter

Drzzter Master Elder Helper

@Indrichi I believe that's just an issue with your skin. Paint.net and some other photo editing softwares don't support transparency, what looks transparent actually gets saved as white, so your hat layer on the skin had a white box on it.

I edited out the white on the head, maybe try using this skin?

[​IMG]

15. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

Edit: Nvm, works now. Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  16. C0w...forum name is JK, avatar is still JB...just sayin'

17. c0wg0d

Fixed.

18. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

c0wg0d,

I could not figure out how to change my forum name and make my avatar look like my skin. I'd appreciate some advice.

My profile name is LisaR which I would like to change to LifeLearner.

My skin is Frost Girl, but when I select the PNG file, I get a message saying that the file size is too large.

Thanks!

LifeLearner

19. c0wg0d

I've updated it for you. :)

20. c0wg0d

Soooo did you want me to change it? If so, what is your MC account name?