Bright Mob Spawner

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by Park_Mochi, Jul 25, 2019.

1. lvvrboy

lvvrboy :P VIP

In Skyblock, I recently built a mob spawner. I noticed there wasn't anything in the hoppers or chest, so I decided to go up into the top. There aren't any holes in the mob spawner, but the light level is 13. (If you didn't know, monsters don't spawn anywhere above light level 7).
    I had @c0wg0d check it out, and he said it looked normal, and to check back after the restart. That was yesterday, and the spawner is still messed up.
    When I checked back today, the light level said 0, but it still looked like 13.
    Here's some pictures :
    upload_2019-7-24_21-43-47.png
    (If anyone is wondering why I have forge running, I have optifine on) upload_2019-7-24_21-50-28.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. how_its_neko

how_its_neko floofer: part 2

i need that texture pack

• Like Like x 2
  3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure mobs won't spawn on water. I think that's the problem. Usually in mob grinders you build a platform for them to spawn on with water streams below that they fall into.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Do you have your brightness turned up?

5. lvvrboy

lvvrboy :P VIP

Okay! I was pretty sure I was doing something wrong lol
    My brightness is turned up, but not all the way. And when I make other closed-off spaces, I can barely see lol
    It's a bit older, so some stuff (such as the 2x2 crafting table / crafting book) might be messed up. But it's called Curt's Fade Pack.

• Like Like x 1