Can't get on

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by sdmelder, Jul 9, 2020.

1. sdmelder

sdmelder Master Elder

This morning I joined @zilory on Hard. It immediately dumped both of us into the lobby. We couldn't get back into Hard.

Now, I can't join the server at all. It just hangs on Joining World.

I can get onto other servers, and the other users here don't seem to have a problem.

Thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ItalianRepublic

ItalianRepublic Garden of Eden

@bobandbunny came earlier and found out that the Hard server was down. I'm not sure why you can't get into the server but I hope you manage soon :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. sdmelder

sdmelder Master Elder

Further info: I can join The Sandlot as a different user, so maybe something has auto-banned sdmelder? Zilory and I were trying to exchange greetings just before this happened. Doesn't explain why we were both kicked or why Hard went down, however...

4. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Your account does not show as banned, so something else must be blocking your return.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TigerLily084

TigerLily084 Master Helper VIP

I am having the same problem as sdmelder, and I last logged out in the Hard sever yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Floofin

Floofin doesn’t know cheesecakes are real Elder Helper VIP

Maybe the Server is still registering you as in the Hard server, and so it won't let you log on since its down

• Like Like x 2
  7. sdmelder

sdmelder Master Elder

Is it still down? However, I spent at least a couple of minutes in the lobby chatting to @zilory after we were dumped out of Hard. Strange. Can someone please post here when Hard is back up?

8. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Nobody sent me a PM, so I didn't know about this until just now. I restarted it and you should be able to join now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. sdmelder

sdmelder Master Elder

Thanks all good for me now. I'll PM next time I discover an issue early in the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

I've seen this happen once before (also after the nightly restart). Maybe there is a connection?
    The message I get is: Already connecting to this sever!
    and then after a while: Exception Connecting:ReadTimeoutException : null

Edit: I just noticed that some of the blocks I placed prior to the server crash have been deleted. No big deal

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

This happens whenever the server hard locks/crashes. It seems to happen a lot more often with 1.15 than with 1.12 versions of Minecraft. When this happens, any changes to block data or player inventories will be lost as of the time of the crash, since I have to force close the server (the same thing as "End Task" in Windows from the Task Manager). We have systems in place to automatically restart a server after a normal crash, but in the case of a hard lock like this, it must be manually force closed and restarted. Hopefully the server software and plugins will become more stable as time goes on, so this happens less often. For now, we are at the mercy of these developers and have to take what we can get.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1