Creating Shops

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by GranDan68, Jun 28, 2022.

1. GranDan68

GranDan68 Grandest Dan of All VIP

I tried to set up a shop on my claim in the recently reset Normal Survival World but the response to </qs sell> is that I do not have permission to do that.
    My profile indicates my rank as "Adept" which is above the required "Crafter". I can use the virtual Crafting Table and Enderchest which come with those ranks. I can't figure out why I can't create a shop chest?

2. MCtwilight

MCtwilight Ed Shakespearean Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Hi!

Your forums rank and your in-game rank are two separate things. You may be Adept on forums, however if you hover over your username in chat, it’ll tell you what rank you are in Normal. If you are Crafter and can set up a shop, this thread explains it way better than I could: :)

https://www.sandlotminecraft.com/threads/normal-server-2022-reset-back-to-basics.37417/

If you scroll down to the third post in that thread titled “Quick Shops” it’ll tell you everything you need to know about how to set one up and sell items.

Let me know if you have questions. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. GranDan68

I appreciate the info. I've read through the referenced post many times while trying to find my footing in this new world. That is a very informative post, chock full of useful information. I do not recall seeing that the rankings may be different for profiles and as we play!

I've only ever played Normal Survival, Creative and Skyblock. Are you saying I could have different ranks in each world?

Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  4. GranDan68

So, as directed, I hoverd over my username in chat and saw that my rank is "Initiate" but I don't see that rank listed in the "..back to basics" post listing. Am I to assume that "Initiate" is below "Novice" and I should start working toward "Novice" first?

5. MCtwilight

MCtwilight Ed Shakespearean Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Yep! Every world is different. Creative doesn’t use any type of ranking or leaderboards, however. Skyblock uses challenges to rank up (not really a set order of ranks there; more what island level you are and how high you are), Easy uses a scoreboard to rank who’s top in a specific job, PvP worlds usually have leaderboards for most kills. Parkour and Normal both have semi-similar ranking systems where each has a name and a new ability (except in parkour it just allows you to go to a new area).

My main point here is that yes, ranks are separate from world-to-world. :)

Yes. The starting rank of every player is Initiate, and the one next up from that is Novice. If you’d like to start working toward Crafter (the rank needed to make shops), then you’ll need to get all the ranks before that. You can find all of the requirements for these in the Guildhall at spawn. :)

I hope this all makes sense!

• Like Like x 2
  6. GranDan68

It is becoming clearer 8D

Occasionally I'm finding small gaps in explanations, but I guess that's what the "Helpers" are here for and I consistently find you all very helpful!

I run a server for my family and friends so I know a bit about the complexities of that but this is an order above my experience - all of these servers, bungied together, wow! I know it takes a crew to run it and keep us all happy and thriving. Just want you to know I appreciate the effort!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Also adding, you can use the virtual Crafting Table and Enderchest (as well as three /sethome) due to having VIP. Valid for Easy and Normal. Also adds 20 plots in our creative server.

• Like Like x 3
  8. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

If you see places where we could improve the tutorial for Normal, please let us know. We can edit the posts to make them clearer. With our experience, we don't always see where topics might need more explanation.

You can send me a conversation if you have suggestions.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GranDan68

OK, that's why /Enderchest was/is working & I didn't know I had that many plots in creative. It seems like when I joined it was just 3-5 extra for VIPs. You are the best!

• Like Like x 3