Failed To Connect To The Server

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by LEEWP, Apr 14, 2015.

1. LEEWP

LEEWP Novice

Hello there, my son is having problem to join the server. He is getting an error :
    Internal exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Using latest Java, Minecraft 1.8.3
    He is able to join his own server (localhost) but not this.

Regards,
    LEEWP

2. ljl23

ljl23 Master Helper VIP

Hi there,

Here are some options on how you could fix this.

1) Restart your computer. Try restarting your computer and/or restarting Minecraft.

2) If that doesn't work, try creating a new profile. Sometimes a profile can get scrapped because it has collected so much data and can't function anymore (at least for me) Profile doesn't mean your minecraft account, it means on the Launcher you can have different profiles that have different accounts under them. You can have 2 profiles linked to your minecraft account. This may sound kinda hard to do, but trust me, it's pretty easy. When you start up the launcher (the screen when you first open minecraft with the big 'ol PLAY button) you want to go to the bottom left hand corner. It should say Profile: LEEWP or whatever your minecraft account is with a dropdown box. When you click this, it will show profiles that you have made and you can choose them. To create a new profile, right under your Profile name there will be a "New Profile" button. Click that. Under Profile Info, it will say Profile Name: and you can change this. Maybe change it to like LEEWP 2 or something. It doesn't matter what your profile name is. None of the other optimizations really matter, except under Version Selection and Use version:. Make sure you are using the latest version (1.8.3). Once you are done with that, click "Save Profile". You should have a new profile and you can choose it like I told you earlier.

3) If none of these options work, try re-downloading minecraft. I know it sounds a bit silly, but it might work. There might be a little issue with your .minecraft folder, and re-downloading it will fix it.

If none of this works, just tell me and I'll come up with some other options.

-Lj

3. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

Try logging in with the original IP, instead of "server.sandlotminecraft.com" use "142.4.217.143", without the quotes.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  4. LEEWP

LEEWP Novice

Thanks for the replies. Will try it now.

5. LEEWP

LEEWP Novice

Well, after I have no more way to try, I redownloaded Minecraft 1.8.3. But this time he get a different error :
    ...Invalid Session (Try Restarting the game)
    ...Will try reinstalling Minecraft...

6. TrueVioletMU

TrueVioletMU Adept

Just close that tab out, and open it back up and that will solve the issue. I've been through these types of things a million times and I always find a way out like a super spy. *dramatic gasp* You never knew it because I always keep my spy name secret/cassified/whatever you fancy people call it these days.
    On some server's they should be updated. Note that you do need to save your minecraft world to a file before changing the plugin.
    (sorry if some of these facts are a little messed up I didn't get much sleep)
    Reinstalling MineCraft may help, but I would suggest trying a shorter way to solve the problem.
    This is a website I would recommend to look up when not knowing if MineCraft is working: http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/
    There is nothing bad on there as far as I know of. (I wouldn't recommend them if they were inappropriate for anyone.)
    Hope it works for you :)

7. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

Longshot, but you might try uninstalling ALL java versions and then reinstalling the latest one.

8. ljl23

ljl23 Master Helper VIP

Yeah. Basically just restarting your game, like it says.

9. LEEWP

LEEWP Novice

Thanks you all helping on this. I've managed to solve this by updating Java.

Regards,
    LEEWP

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nalst

Nalst Villager Expert/Zombie Doctor

I have the same problem! now I can not feel like the only one who cant play and isn't banned.

So this might help me too!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LilDeku

LilDeku Novice

I'm dealing with the same thing... I've everything I've read about it... Nothings working though.

12. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I would recommend uninstalling all versions of Java on your system, then download the latest version of Minecraft and install that. Minecraft now installs its own version of Java automatically. Make sure you are using Minecraft 1.8.9.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LilDeku

LilDeku Novice

Ok, I'll try that!

Edit: Ok... I did it yet it still says the same thing. Although I may be doing it wrong. Can you give me directions on how to do it? That would help a lot. Thanks! :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016