Finding land

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by cme550, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cme550

cme550 Novice

Hi, I am new to The Sandlot, and new to multiplayer as well, though I have played single player Minecraft for a few years now.

My question is, how can I find unclaimed land, and where can I find resources that don't belong to other people?

Thank you!

2. chasaya

chasaya Adept

Go to Easy, and travel as far away from spawn as you can in one direction

3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

There really is no simple way, unfortunately. In Easy, we do have warps that can take you to a few remote spawns outside of the main spawn that might get you to unclaimed land faster. As isannor said, just take a stick with you and start walking in one direction, right clicking every hundred blocks or so to see if there is unclaimed land. You can do the same thing in Semi-Vanilla Survival.

4. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Welcome to The Sandlot! :D

We have three survival servers: Easy, Semi-Vanilla (Normal), Ultra-Hardcore (Hard).

Easy allows players to get jobs, such as miner for example. When you do your job, you earn money. You can use this money to buy stuff at the mall at /spawn. Easy is a great place to start for claiming, however, the Easy world has been around for many years (five I think), so it can be hard to find land. Also, the world will be resetting sometime this year.

Semi-Vanilla (SVS) is newer than Easy, so finding land won’t be as difficult. There is no job system; to make money, you mine gold, smelt it, and sell it at the bank at /spawn. There are also ranks - the higher the rank, the more perks (such as claim blocks and less cooldown time).

Ultra-Hardcore (UHC) is very challenging. I don’t recommend starting here as the gameplay is random and difficult (this month's UHC has a plug-in where you burn if you stand in the sun).

To claim land, you use a golden shovel. You right-click opposite corners to form a rectangle/square claim. If you need help, I’m sure someone will assist you (Helpers have pink stars by their names, and Moderators have green names, but our community is very kind and helpful, so finding someone to help you should not be an issue). To see where claimed land is, right-click the ground with a stick, and the claim will appear.

Claiming protects all your things from bedrock to sky level, so there is no worry there.

I hope this helps!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. cme550

cme550 Novice

Thank you so much for the tips!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Welcome to Sandlot!

When our Easy server is reset, it will be much easier.

If someone is playing in Easy, they might know whether their area has open land for claiming.

Travel in the nether can be much faster than travel overland. You might try venturing through the nether to get farther away from the main spawn faster.

Another option is to start in Semi-Vanilla. It is a little more challenging, because you need to mine gold for money.

We have very friendly players, so do ask in chat if you have questions. You can also use the command /helpme <question> to get help from a staff member (Helper or Moderator).

7. Pigichu

Pigichu Stinky Sock Washer Helper

Welcome to sandlot!!! If you want, I could help you find some un-claimed land somewhere on any server, (I love exploring!)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. To clarify, we expected the easy reset to occur reasonably soon, but are adapting to 1.13.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.