Floating Sand Question

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by Deleted member 32343, Sep 26, 2021.

1. I have a question about the use of a glitch (using pistons and slime blocks) to make sand, anvils, and other things float in Minecraft. I know that there is a rule that you should "not exploit broken game mechanics." I would like to create some floating sand/signs for a project in the easy survival world. This will simply be for aesthetic purposes. I simply wanted to know if this was allowed on the Sandlot.

2. MCtwilight

MCtwilight Ed Shakespearean Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Hi!

Rule 2: Be Honest.
    • Do not exploit broken game mechanics.
    This rule applies for everything. Minecraft sand is intended to fall when placed (if there’s nothing under it, of course). So, I would consider glitching it to not fall under this rule.

If you’d like floating sand, placing string under it is a natural mechanic and will work to prevent it from falling. I’m not sure if it can hold the signs, but I know for sure about the sand.

Thanks for checking!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. KoolWhip515

KoolWhip515 Light and Fluffy!

minecraft breaks it's own rules though
    somehow you can place a lantern on a sand block and it will stay
    lanterns break if there is nothing holding it up
    and sand falls if there is nothing underneath it
    so this makes a physics problem in it's own wright

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I used this in my tower build at spawn.

5. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

My main concern with using broken game mechanics like this is that it could cause world corruption. The chances are low, but not zero and I'd rather not take the chances doing things you're not really supposed to do.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Okay. I won’t use this anymore.