forum alerts question

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by cajungirl70, May 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cajungirl70

cajungirl70 Artisan

Several issues/questions here:

1. The 3 of us logged on today for the 1st time in a month or more. On top right, my "Alerts" notification said I had "10". However, when I clicked to see them, there were only three. Apparently, I am unable to see the other seven. My other player had 37, but cld only see 7 and the other player had a whole bunch as well but cld see ZERO?

2. Are we no longer able to see the list of HELPERS? And/or VIP players? Seems the ability has been removed?

3. Also, I canceled VIP for Captain_Popsicle, but his forum user still has VIP under his name. Please remove.

Someone please advise here on these questions. Thx.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

I'm not quite sure. The logical explanation to the missing posts to me would be that they were deleted. I can't see helpers or VIPs on the members section either.

3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I recently updated the forums software which may have caused some issues like this. The Helper and VIP tabs missing was a bug which has now been fixed.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

At the bottom of the Alerts drop down, there is a link for "Show all..." which should take you to page with all your alerts. I know sometimes if I have a lot (like after a like-spam attack), the drop down won't be able to show all the alerts so I use the Show all... Hopefully that helps.

On another note, nice to see you again! :)

5. cajungirl70

cajungirl70 Artisan

Yep, know all about and clicked the “Show all..”, that is when it brought me to the alerts page you referenced, which then only showed a few of the alerts that were supposed to be there.

And thanks for the WB!

6. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

My next best guess is that the Show All/Latest Alerts page only shows alerts for a limited time before they time out or expire. For example, I only see alerts back to Friday right now. (I don't think I had many, if any, during the week last week so I'm not sure exactly how far back it goes.)

And perhaps the counter that shows by your name does not have that same limitation so it keeps counting until you look at it (thus resetting it), but some of the alerts may have already expired off of the alerts page. That's just my guess.

You're welcome! :D

7. cajungirl70

cajungirl70 Artisan

This was exactly my thought! It was suspect for this explanation because for all 3 of us, our alerts only went as far back as May 1 & not earlier. So since you said your alerts went only as far back as last Friday, that was June 1. It’s sort of looking like this is the explanation...yay! for us sleuths lol.

• Like Like x 2
  8. cajungirl70

cajungirl70 Artisan

Missing alerts strikes again. _SaltyLightning_ rarely logs on and just now he had "11 alerts" showing on very first log on page. When we clicked on to his profile to check them, NONE - they were gone. It said something like, "no alerts".

Can someone advise as to how long the alerts remain? Is it from the 1st day of any month until the last day of that month? Or, is it a 30 or other mystery number range of days where the alerts remain before they begin to drop off?

To know might help us to make sure we long on every "so often" to see our alerts. Thanks.

9. _Hatter

_Hatter Mad_ VIP

To get the Helpers/VIP list, go up to where it says Home, Forums ect. and click on the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines.) and click on members. There are tabs with Helpers, VIPs ect.

This may have already been answered, but didn't see it!

10. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

I believe that if you open forums and then log out, the alert notification resets.

When I double-clicked the alerts button today, I could see three pages of alerts that extend back to Saturday. So, I saw 5 days of alerts using that function.

But, on the left menu of my profile page, I have a link for "Ratings You've Received." When I click that link, I see ratings that go back much farther in time.

Please see if he can see his alerts using that option.

11. cajungirl70

cajungirl70 Artisan

Under his "ratings you've received" there are a total of 3 for 2018. So, apparently that cannot be used as a gauge for what those most recent mysterious 11 alerts were, or the 37 also disappearing alerts he had back in May which prompted this thread.

I mean it's not that big of a deal, but I like closure:rolleyes:.

Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. BellStar

BellStar Every time you hear a Bellstar... Moderator Helper VIP

I have 102 pages in the "ratings you've received" section of my profile. They date back to May of 2015 which is when I started using forums.

I can see alerts on "show all" going back to Saturday so it appears those may be reset weekly.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.