FYI: 1.8 not for a couple of months

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, May 19, 2014.

1. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

https://twitter.com/dinnerbone/status/4 ... 9029579776

2. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

They where all like "We are releasing it in May Yaaaaay!" then "Sorry come back in a year and we might have it out" :x

3. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Thank you for the update cheracc!

When 1.8 does come out, do you think we will be ready to update to it?

4. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

It always takes time for servers and plugins to update after the official release

5. KYL3R142

KYL3R142 Master

I'm thinking probably around August.

6. Hoverflier

Hoverflier Master Helper VIP

I feel that when it comes out it will be possibly 2 moths before even more than half of the plugins will be up to date. Ive looked at some coding and really its gona be a nighmare for plugin makers because of the redo to how some things work like how slime blocks and pull blocks and how endermites spawn and lot of other stuff.

7. SnoopyBanna

SnoopyBanna Master Helper

*Groan*

Well at least you have a bit of time for some other stuff...I think.

8. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Thank goodness! This is such a relief. I am not looking forward to the 1.8 update.

9. SnoopyBanna

SnoopyBanna Master Helper

What's up with 1.8?

10. LuckyLeo

LuckyLeo Artisan Helper VIP

It's stressful to look for a 1.8 skin editor program. :lol:
    EDIT: No, c0wg0d is an enchanter right? They make you pay lapis for enchanting.. :(

11. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

oh... well derp. :/

12. c0wg0d

Villager trading is going to be very different, and I need more time to get "perfect" villagers in 1.7 before it's impossible to do in 1.8. What I mean by perfect villagers is that the last trade they unlock will never be closed and you can trade it forever. So, if you get a farmer who will trade you wheat for emeralds, you can pretty much get unlimited emeralds just by having a big wheat farm like mine. It would also be nice to get some librarians that have looting or silk touch books for trade as those are very rare to get with normal enchanting.

I don't like how they are changing enchanting either. It's going to require lapis to enchant, and the enchantments are locked once you put an item in the enchantment table. For example, let's say you put a book in the table and it gives you a hint that it will have knockback. You either have to enchant the book and take the knockback, or enchant a different item to "reset" the book with a new enchantment.

This is going to be a nightmare for me on easy. I've enchanted probably somewhere around 20,000 books. That's a lot of lapis after we go to 1.8...

13. TheOneCrafter

I know a good Skin editor for 1.8 :D its really good.

14. TheOneCrafter

I've spawned 7 Librarians in a 1.8 Snapshot and 4 of them first trade where silk touch, the last 3 where last trade silk touch, i don't know if i'm really lucky or librarians trading silk touch isn't so rare.

15. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

No, you don't HAVE to pay lapis to enchant. You just need to do it if you want to see the first enchant. Maybe I should buy another three stacks of Lapis blocks from Beast_Ranger...

16. Indrichi

Indrichi Withering Away Elder VIP

I haven't looked up anything on the subject in a while, but I was under the impression that pre-existing villagers would be unaffected by the changes?

17. TheOneCrafter

Yes, if the villagers have a baby, that baby will be the 1.8 Villager(updated kind)

18. c0wg0d

They will be affected, but I'm not sure to what extent. They will unlock new trades, but also keep their old trades. I'm going to do some extensive testing and get back to you because this has been on my mind for a long time.

19. Drzzter

Drzzter Master Elder Helper

I'm not too terribly anxious for 1.8 myself, Seems like it makes enchanting a bigger pain, And I'm already bad at enchanting. :roll: And I've actually never traded with a villager, EVER. So I'm not really concerned about that. Gotta love the slime blocks though, Trampolines are a must-have.

20. SantaFeRailroad

SantaFeRailroad Runaway Locomotive

Personally, I can't wait for he changes to anvils. Such a pain