How do I download the old maps?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by funkyfreakmalik, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Funkies

Funkies The mystery continues

I was trying to download the old easy map, but I cant figure it out, can anyone help me or explain? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MisterGuardian

MisterGuardian Extra Enthusiastic About The Sandlot

Go click the maps button above

• Like Like x 1
  3. MisterGuardian

wut.png
    So you click on any of the maps you want.
    Then it should download it as a zip, you unzip it and put it in your saves folder in this path /Users/*yourusername*/Appdata*This is hidden by default, make sure to click show hidden items*/Roaming/.Minecraft/saves/

• Like Like x 1
  4. MisterGuardian

Exactly what old easy map you want? There's the oldest one (Easy from 2013-10-11) oh yeah, thats the only one, well click on it and it will download, follow the steps above ^

• Like Like x 1
  5. MisterGuardian

• Like Like x 1
  6. Funkies

Funkies The mystery continues

Do you know where I would find my saves folder (Im on macbook btw)

• Like Like x 1
  7. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Inside Minecraft, go to Options->Resource Packs and click Open Resource Packs Location. Then just go up one directory (it should be called .minecraft) and then go to the saves folder.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. MisterGuardian

type this ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft

you will see the saves folder

• Like Like x 1
  9. Floofin

Floofin doesn’t know cheesecakes are real Elder Helper VIP

you type %appdata% in the bar at the bottem left corner, then open the .minecraft folder. scroll down until you see saves, then open the saves folder and drag the map into that, then relog from the launcher

• Like Like x 1
  10. MisterGuardian

you could do c0wg0d's way too, thats IF YOU ARE IN MINECRAFT if you are not in it yet, do my way.

I'd suggest my way but if you know what they mean, do it.

Also whats up c0wg0d!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MisterGuardian

To update: In the Finder, from the Go menu, select 'Go to Folder', then type: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft, and click Go. ~ is your home directory, usually /home/YOURNAME, so ~/.
    You'll see the saves folder, then go put your zip of the old easy map in there, then unzip the old easy map, (I am on windows so i don't know if this applies, but do extract here)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Floofin

Ok, I've tried it for myself and this is how i did it:

You click the map you want to download, then press the 3 dots and a little pop up should happen, one of the options being "show in folder". Click this, and it will open a file that should only have this map in it.

Then go down to the bar in the bottom left hand corner and type %appdata%, and then open .minecraft, and scroll down to the saves folder.

Open this, then make both files visible to drag the map into this. Once its dragged into there, you can delete the one thats Not in the saves folder if you would like. Once its like this, you can close both file tabs and open the launcher.

It should be a white screen with a loading bar at the top left hand corner saying the launcher is updating (this is just the map file being implemented) and then once its to the normal launcher, you can press play. Now once at the singleplayer page, remember this is a very old version of minecraft so it will take a while, it took around 30-60 seconds for me. Once opened, bam! you got your world! (I will also suggest making a backup)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Floofin

plus, I used the Lowest MB map, 32 MB so im sure it will be a bit longer with a the easy map

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Will these maps corrupt if someone opens them using a profile with a newer Minecraft version than the version on Sandlot when the map was saved?

• Like Like x 1
  15. MisterGuardian

Nope it only happens if it's an older version

also, I never seen a moderator ask a question before, that's a rare thing :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Floofin

It depends, usually it shouldn’t, but this is why they have the screen that pops that says “continue?” With the option to cancel, have a backup or to continue without a backup, but occasionally it will corrupt or crash

• Like Like x 2