Introducing Creative 1.8! (Detailed Info)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 15, 2015.

1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

This Saturday, July 18, get ready to enjoy a brand new Creative 1.8 experience!

Creative? We already have that. What's the big deal?

As most of you know, Creative is one of The Sandlot's most popular servers. It's a great place to build amazing structures without worrying about resource collection, a fun place to hang out with friends and goof off, and whether you like it or not, role playing is a huge part of our Creative server.

Not only is the Creative server being updated to version 1.8, but we are getting an entirely new plot plugin that gives a whole bunch of awesome new abilities! On top of that, there will be a slew of new features for role players and builders alike!

All of these new features have been tested by our awesome helpers, but they are only a small group of people. There may be unforeseen issues that arise when we release this new server to everyone, so continue reading but keep in mind that we may need to adjust or disable some or all of these new features.

The current Creative server will be taken offline Friday night, July 17. The grand re-opening will be sometime on Saturday, July 18. I cannot give a specific time because there is a lot of time consuming work that must be done from the time old Creative is shut down to the time the re-opening happens.

VIP Feature: Plot Numbers and BigCreative

Currently, players get one 50x50 plot, and VIPs are allowed three 50x50 plots and one 200x200 plot in BigCreative. To bring the community together, we are going to be discontinuing BigCreative so that all players can be in the same world. How, you may ask? The new plot plugin allows VIPs to merge plots together!

To compensate for the loss of BigCreative, VIPs will be given twenty 50x50 plots. You can choose to merge all of them together for one gigantic plot, or just merge 2 or 3 together. It's totally up to you. When you merge plots, the roads between the plots are cleared so you can have a seamless build between all the merged plots.

Without a way to convert the current BigCreative plots to the new server, I (and any other willing moderators) can manually copy your builds from the old BigCreative map to your new, merged plot. Please post the coordinates of your BigCreative plot and exactly what items you want copied over in the thread here: http://www.sandlotminecraft.com/index.php?threads/bigcreative-plot-copy-requests.24039/

VIP Feature: Biome Generation

Wouldn't it be cool if you could type a single command to have your whole plot transformed into a jungle or desert? Now VIPs can!

VIP Feature: Disguises

VIPs get to use all disguises now, just like in the lobby. Great for role plays or hide and seek!

Redstone Items for Everyone

Yes, you heard me right! Now everyone will have access to redstone items, not just VIPs. The one caveat is that the mechanical aspect of redstone will not work unless you are a VIP. This is to prevent people from creating redstone machines and clocks that can run constantly and lag the server.

Spawn Eggs

Yes, you heard me right again! All players will now get to use spawn eggs. Make pets for your role play, test out mob physics with your latest redstone contraption, or just enjoy a zombie apocalypse on the town you just built. Maybe even build a small petting zoo! To prevent the server from being destroyed by lag, you are allowed to spawn a maximum of 10 mobs per plot. If lag becomes a serious issue, all mobs and items on the ground may be deleted without notice.

Armor Stands

Yes, you can use armor stands now!

Minecarts and Boats

All players now have access to minecarts and boats. I want to see some awesome rollercoasters and water slides! You can have a maximum of 10 minecarts or boats on your plot.

Potions

You can now use potions for making fun smoothie flavors or just a refreshing drink of water. You also have access to splash potions now. Try not to abuse the splash potions, because they can be quite laggy and I might have to disable them if it becomes a problem.

Item Drops

You are now able to drop items on the ground. There are measures in place to automatically delete items/entities if the lag becomes a major problem on the server, including all mobs, paintings, armor stands, banners, and item frames (items inside chests will not be affected). Be a good citizen and don't drop more than a few items at a time.

Plot Survival Mode and Invincibility

Set your plot to survival mode! Make a spleef game or have a basejumping contest to the death! You can also toggle invincibility on or off. PvP is not enabled.

Plot Weather and Time

Set the time of day and weather just on your plot!

Plot Floor and Wall Updates

Want your whole plot floor changed to netherrack for a cool new parkour course? Want it to be packed ice for a skating rink? How about sand for an awesome pyramid build? All players will now be able to change out the floor and walls of their plot with a simple command.

Plot Music

You can now set a tune on your plot, no jukebox required! One simple command will keep the music playing while you party or build away.

Last But Nowhere Near Least: Creative will have a Livemap!

The live map will be a great way to see where players have plots, where an open area is for you and your friends to claim plots near each other, and to assist VIPs in finding enough open plots next to each other to claim and merge into one big area. The map is available here: http://www.sandlotminecraft.com/index.php?pages/creativemap/

Oh Wait, One More Thing

I added one other new thing that you are absolutely going to love, but it's not easy to discover. If you are the first to discover the new thing you can do in your plot and post about it here (with a screenshot of the discovery in action), you will win free VIP for one week for yourself or a Sandlot friend! If nobody finds it by August 1, I will let you know what it is.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 23
  2. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Commands

/lobby Exits Creative and returns you to the Lobby.
    /spawn Teleports you to the Creative Spawn.
    /plot help Displays help text for all the available plot commands.
    /plot claim Claim the plot you're standing in.
    /plot auto Claim the next free plot.
    /plot home (#) Teleports you to your plot. # if multiple plots. Examples: /plot home will take you to your first plot. /plot home 2 will take you to your second plot.
    /plot info Displays info on the plot you're standing on (The plot ID, owner, biome, helpers, trusted, flags).
    /plot set biome <biome> Change the plot you're currently standing in to a different biome.
    /plot set biome list List all possible biomes.
    /plot clear Clears the plot you're currently standing in to grass.
    /plot add <player> Gives permission for the player to build on the plot you're currently standing in. They can only build while the plot owner is online.
    /plot remove <player> Removes permission for the player to build on the plot you're currently standing in.
    /plot trust <player> Gives permission for the player to build on the plot you're currently standing in. They can build whether the plot owner is online or not.
    /plot untrust <player> Removes permission for the player to build on the plot you're currently standing in.
    /plot delete Resets and unclaims the plot you're standing in.
    /plot deny <player> Denies permission for the player to enter your plot.
    /plot undeny <player> Gives permission for player to enter your plot.
    /plot visit <player> Visit the specified player's plot.
    /plot tp <id> Visit the plot with the specified Id.
    /plot set home Set the plot home to your current location.
    /plot flag set gamemode <mode> Set the gamemode of your plot. 0 is survival and 1 is creative.
    /plot flag set invincible <true/false> Set the invincibility of all players in your plot.
    /plot flag set time <0-24000> Set the time of day in your plot. 1000 for day and 13000 for night.
    /plot flag set weather <rain/clear> Set the weather in your plot.
    /plot flag set music <disc ID> Set the specified music disc to play in your plot. The music source will be where you are standing when issuing the command.
    /plot flag set redstone <true/false> VIP only. Allows redstone clocks and machines to run in the plot you are standing in.
    /plot set floor <block> Set your plot floor to the specified block. Cooldown of 5 minutes.
    /plot set wall <block> Set the walls under the border of your plot to the specified block. Cooldown of 5 minutes.
    /plot generatebiome/gb <biome> VIP only. Generates the specified biome in your plot. Cooldown of 1 hour.
    /plot merge <n/s/e/w> VIP only. Merge the plot you are standing in with the adjacent plot in the direction specified.
    /plot unlink VIP only. Unmerge the plot you are standing in. This will destroy parts of your plot where the roads regenerate.
    /sethome Sets your current location to your home location. If you die or type /home, you will be teleported back here.
    /sethome <name> VIP only. Will set one of your three homes. To return to this location, use /home <name>.
    /home Teleports you to the location where you last typed /sethome.
    /home <name> VIP only. Teleports you to the location where you last typed /sethome <name>.
    /tpa <player> Sends a request to teleport you to the specified player. If the player accepts your request, you will be teleported to them.
    /tpaccept Accepts an incoming teleport request from another player that wishes to teleport to your location.
    /tpdeny Denies an incoming teleport request from another player that wishes to teleport to your location.
    /tptoggle Toggles on/off the ability to receive teleport requests from other players. If this is toggled on, you will not receive a notification when players send you teleport requests, and nobody will be able to teleport to your location.
    /back Teleports you back to your previous location.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 16
  3. piegosaurus

piegosaurus aesthetic Helper VIP

Yaaaay! Can't wait! This is so awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  4. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Thanks @c0wg0d for coming up with such a great idea! I think everyone will love this.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

-explodes with happiness- =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Like Like x 2
  6. LuckyLeo

LuckyLeo Artisan Helper VIP

Very exciting indeed!!

7. Mariocrity

Mariocrity Brick Breaker Elder Helper VIP

WOW! THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!!! CAN'T WAIT! :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

Give us a hint!

9. LegoBoyo

LegoBoyo Pop Culture Enthusiast Elder Helper VIP

Yay I cant wait! :D

10. starri

starri sandlot's okayest Helper

Can't. Wait!

11. forestpaw1

forestpaw1 Master VIP

Ermegerd this sounds so EPIC! -Does derpy pirate wolf dance-

12. awww man i not allowed to post screenshots :(

good news that im coming back on in 2 days

More Bad news again :( i might be busy on Xbox and camp

And MORE Bad news i might not win this cause im not fast and i cant play till saturday

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
  13. hamsrus1

hamsrus1 you got to keep em moderated Moderator Elder VIP

new shiny things

• Like Like x 7
  14. nefarious_neo

nefarious_neo Tiny, but fierce!

Yay!! I can't wait, so exciting!! :D

Thank you, thank you!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  15. how exciting!! finally, i can have the armoury of my dreams.

16. HaloBuzz

HaloBuzz Master Helper

This sure is a big update :oops:

cri I can't enjoy the creative till I get a new pc :/

17. x_R4v3PUPPY333_x

x_R4v3PUPPY333_x the vidya game playa

All the new commands.. awesome.. No more having to call an admin to change the floor to netherrack :) Plus a ton of other things!
    but i do want pvp on :p

18. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Oh, wow.
    I am astounded.
    Great work! I look forward to this.

19. SteveTuck

SteveTuck Expert

i cant get the free vip i think cause.. (Im moving)
    but i cant wait for all the new stuff!

20. FrogDistributor

FrogDistributor Master VIP

one question. does the dragon disguise work? (grins)
    Edit just looked. Vips get to use all disguises