Is being kicked for flying (when you aren't) a bug?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by LamplighterK1, Aug 8, 2021.

1. LamplighterK1

LamplighterK1 Novice

Hi I've just joined the server, it's my first server and I want to follow the rules. I was looking for a plot in the easy area to make a base, I had quite a full inventory with food, wood etc and some diamond gear someone had kindly given me when I first entered the lobby. I was up a large hill looking for a spot, nobody else around or obvious property or plot in the area, I had gone quite a way from the lobby. I found some llamas, sat on one and was kicked back to the lobby with a message about not flying. I am running vanilla MC with optifine, I was in no way flying or attempting to fly. I lost all the things in my inventory, the whole lot. I'm not even sure what I did wrong or is this a bug? Was really positive to start on my first server, but bit fed-up now tbh. Any ideas about this please? Thanks

2. Mickeyheart

Mickeyheart Grandificent Grandmama Mickeyosity Moderator Helper VIP

Hi there, welcome to the Sandlot! We are glad to have you. :)

Being "kicked for flying" is a glitch that sometimes occurs as a result of lag when attempting to ride a horse, llama, pig, minecart, or boat. Sometimes, it occurs when using an elytra, but it is more often boats, llamas, and horses that cause this.

I'm sorry about your stuff - I have some iron things that may be able to help you get back on your feet again!

Additionally, if you die (unless in lava), using /back can take you right back to your stuff.

I hope this was helpful - please feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Mickeyheart

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. LamplighterK1

LamplighterK1 Novice

OK, thank you for your response, I will try again tomorrow, guess I was just unlucky!

4. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

@LamplighterK1 As Mickeyheart said, sometimes "kicked for flying" can happen due to lag or other uncontrollable glitches. It should be rare. After being kicked, you can just go straight back to the world you were in.

As far as inventory, are you saying that you lost your items when you appeared in the lobby? If so, be aware that each world has a separate inventory. Therefore, items obtained in the Easy world will stay in the Easy world and will not appear in other worlds like the lobby. However, when you go back into the Easy world, everything should reappear in your inventory and you should arrive in the same spot you were at last.

If you mean you reentered the Easy world and everything in your inventory was gone, that would be an unusual issue and may need to be investigated as a bigger problem.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 5