Rules about recording?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by SuperCyberStar13, Jun 17, 2019.

1. SuperAmatsu_YT

SuperAmatsu_YT Artisan

I did read the rules and it seems like you are allowed to record video on the Sandlot, with some specific guidelines. What are the rules about recording/publishing videos on the Sandlot? Am I allowed to upload my video to youtube as long as it follows whatever privacy rules? Could somebody explain please, because I don't understand what the rules and restrictions are regarding recording on the Sandlot.

Edit; Also while I'm here, is there a way to get your username to change on the forum? My username has changed many times now and I would like to change it to my current one if that's possible. I'm currently playing minecraft as SuperCyberStar13.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SupersonicE9

SupersonicE9 Retro Gamer Moderator Elder Helper VIP

(Part 1) The Sandlot permits players to record builds and activities on the server (both in picture and video formats). Making an announcement to those on the same world is something which would be nice to to, but also isn't something you have to do in order to correspond with the rules. You are also able to upload videos. (Others have done it regularly in the past.)

Link to more in-depth thread for Sandlot players: https://www.sandlotminecraft.com/threads/players-recording-on-sandlot.33430/

(Part 2) A moderator can change your forums name to match your Minecraft username. Once this initial step is done, and you want to change your name (which I know you in particular would probably want to do at some point), you can go to the lobby in-game to have your forums name match your current username.

Stay fresh

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Sonic pretty much nailed it, but I’ll just go into more detail.

Hey again! :)

I changed your forums name to your current Minecraft name, just log into Sandlot and go to the lobby, it should update automatically (your avatar will then appear on the forums).

Regarding video recording, we do allow that, but there are some guidelines:

1) Must follow Sandlot rules of course (no swearing, no inappropriate builds, no sharing personal information, etc).

2) The only place you can share your channel is in this thread: https://www.sandlotminecraft.com/threads/post-your-youtube-channels-here.18330/. Do not post video links/channel name in-game, in private conversations, etc - you can share your channel name/link to your channel in that thread, and you can start your own thread to post just your videos there if you want.

3) We acknowledge that players may want to record on other servers, but we ask that you do not do that. The server name can easily be discovered (shown in-game or someone points it out) and that is considered advertising, which isn’t allowed. Also, the chat from other servers may be inappropriate. So please only record and post videos that are from Sandlot or single-player on here.

4) It isn’t a rule, but it is highly recommended to let players know that you are recording if on Sandlot (it's a nice courtesy).

As long as you follow these rules, you should be good to go! It's a lot, I know, but it’s in the best interest for everyone's safety.

Thanks for asking!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SuperAmatsu_YT

SuperAmatsu_YT Artisan

Thank you guys for the clarification. I intend on recording some videos on the Sandlot but I'll do my best to let people know if I'm going to record, and to follow the rules. My channel is as family-friendly as I could make it as of now. I have another quick question regarding my intro. I never say my channel's name in my videos, but the name I use is very similar and is NOT my username. (For example, *not the name* but if the channel was called something like "Superstar" and I used the name "Star" would be a similar situation.) Would this still be ok?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Abbz05_

Sorry, I’m a bit confused here. Are you asking if you can say your channel name (or something similar to it) in your videos?

6. SuperAmatsu_YT

SuperAmatsu_YT Artisan

More or less, yes. The name I use in my videos is very similar to the channel name, and for some reason I'm under the impression that you can't say your channel name in the video? That's probably incorrect but I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be breaking any rules somehow

• Like Like x 1
  7. Abbz05_

Oh, sorry to confuse you!

You can mention your channel name in your videos, yeah. I just meant no advertising your channel in-game, in a private message, etc. You can post your channel name/channel link in that thread I mentioned, but no where else. If you do an introduction in your videos like “Welcome back to (channel name)” that’s totally okay. You just can’t advertise your YouTube anywhere else. Does that make sense? Sorry to confuse! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SuperAmatsu_YT

SuperAmatsu_YT Artisan

Thank you so much for the help, I understand that now. One more question (I know I ask a lot of questions, sorry), and I think I already know the answer. Can we shoutout to other Sandlot players? Like, if they've posted their channel in that thread, can I shoutout their youtube? I wouldn't mention their username.

Edit; I just finished making my first video on the Sandlot! Yay! Haven't uploaded it yet but I'm working on editing.
    One last question; can I create my OWN forum thread to post my Sandlot videos on? Or does it all have to be in the "share your YT" thread?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Abbz05_

Haha, you're good - ask all the questions you want! :)

Are you asking if you can shoutout another's YouTube in your videos? If so, I wouldn’t recommend it. It advertises someone else's YouTube, which may be perfectly fine, but I'd rather not see people do that.

You can create your own forums thread for your videos only, yep!

I hope that helps!

10. SuperAmatsu_YT

SuperAmatsu_YT Artisan

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1