Server Issues for me

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by how_its_neko, Aug 10, 2022.

1. how_its_neko

how_its_neko floofer: part 2

I've been getting kicked a lot with a connection reset error, along with severe lag at some points when playing. It doesn't seem like a client-side issue, so I wanted to ask if there was an issue with the servers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I_am_naruto_fan

I_am_naruto_fan A Bit Bugg-y

I am not having any trouble with that, you might get kicked sometimes for being idle more then ten minutes, but other then that I am not sure.

3. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I'm having severe lag when playing Normal, but I think that is due to my graphics card slowly dying. Not sure why I can play on Easy without troubles,but working my way through possible causes from cheapest to maybe a new computer :eek:. Just replaced the DOA router yesterday. Today's step is making sure my computer is using better graphics options. Luckily I can verify that my Sandlot connection is fine, as my son has no problems playing on the server.

Edit: after a couple informative crashes, searching the error messages, I found that I needed to check my recent Java update to make sure it installed.. I guess it needed a poke. I also had to increase my memory allocation and I am out of the lag fog! Such a relief!
    Also, I switched to 1.19 most recent update and it seems to be ok.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. I have the same issue where sometimes it kicks and severe delay where if say I use another server I do not have the same issues. At least to nearly the same extent.

5. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

This could be a myriad of different things, and it is really hard to pinpoint the cause. It definitely could be an issue on the server side. We have an active ticket we've been working on with our hosting provider ever since we had to cancel the dragon fight in Normal. The best things you can do on your end are to use a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi if possible, make sure all your drivers are up to date, and make sure you have the latest security and compatibility patches installed for your operating system. Also try rebooting your PC if you haven't done that in a while.

• Like Like x 1