Server Tutorials

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by OisinsVids, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OisinsVids

OisinsVids Magic Man Moderator Elder VIP

Welcome to the new and improved tutorials forum. In this topic you will be able to find tutorials about the server in both written and video format.

You can view previous (mostly outdated) Sandlot tutorials/videos by myself here.
    You can view tutorials made by cheracc here.

Searching this topic:
    Every tutorial displays a name, which world it is suitable for, and the name of the player it was made by.
    If you wish to search for a specific tutorial, you can do so by pressing CTRL + F on your web browser which should bring up a small search bar, you can use this to search for what you are looking for.

Want to help out?
    If you wish you add a tutorial to this topic, you can do so by sending me a private message with either the YouTube link or your written tutorial. By sending me a tutorial you are giving me permission to edit/change it, to make it appropriate for this topic. There is no guarantee every tutorial sent in will be featured.

Contents:
    Lockette tutorial
    Creative tutorial
    Server tour

2. OisinsVids

Name: Creative tutorial
    World: Creative
    made by HALOBUZZFREAK

Introduction:
    This is my tutorial on how to use Creative plots. In this tutorial I will explain how to get a plot and then how to use that plot.

How to get a plot:
    There are two ways to get a plot in Creative.
    • 1: You can fly around and look for a empty plot and then do /p claim to claim it if it is empty.
      2: Using the command /p auto will take you to an empty plot automatically.
    Commands that can be used on a plot:
    • To go to your plot do /p h
      To change a plot biome do /p b (biome) and to see all the biomes available do /p b
      To view your plots comments do /comments
      To add or remove someone from your plot do /p add (username) and to remove do /p remove (username)
      To deny someone from your plot do /p deny (username)

Other commands can be found in game at creative spawn

• Like Like x 1
  3. OisinsVids

Name: Lockette tutorial
    World: Most worlds
    made by HALOBUZZFREAK

Introduction:
    In this tutorial I will explain how to lock different items using the lockette plugin.

How to lock doors
    • 1) First place a sign on top of the door, and then type
      Sign line 1: [Private]
      Sign line 2: [Your username]

2) If you want to add other players, you must repeat step one and then:
      Sign line 1:[Private]
      Sign line 2:[Your username]
      Sign line 3:[Username]

How do you lock chests and Furnaces?
    To lock a them you must place a sign on your chest or furnace. If you want to add other players you must type this command in chat.
    /lockette (line number) (username)

Name: Server tour; Places around Sandlot
    made by dimon_adeline

• Like Like x 1
  4. OisinsVids

Name: Server tour; Places around Sandlot
    made by dimon_adeline

Introduction:
    In this video dimon_adeline gives us a tour of some places around the server. This is a perfect video for anyone who wants to view some great buildings that players have made around Sandlot

You can watch the video here on YouTube.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OisinsVids

Name: Obtaining Money
    World: Semi-Vanilla
    made by SnoopyBanna

Introduction:
    Sooner or later, you are probably going to want to purchase something from a shop or fetch a gold bar from the bank, so here is how to get money.

List of commands:
    -Viewing your balance: /bal
    -Paying some a certain amount of money: /pay <player> <amount>
    Example: /pay SnoopyBanna 5
    -View the richest players: /baltop

Gold Rush!
    Gold nugget: 1 Coin
    Gold ingot: 9 Coins
    Gold block: 81 Coins

How to find the bank:
    From the spawn house, go out the door and down the staircase on the right. The bank is the first stone brick building to your left.

Tips for finding gold, and what to do with it!:
    To find gold, go mining at level (y) 11-32. Those are the best places for gold.

[​IMG]

Once you find your gold, cook it in a furnace.

[​IMG]

Take your gold ingots to the spawn (it will be quicker if you convert as many as you can into gold blocks if you have a lot) bank and turn them in on the left side, with the Sell signs. Right click them until all your gold is transferred.

[​IMG]

Now, you can use /bal to check your money!

[​IMG]

How to withdraw your gold again:
    The right side of the bank is the Withdraw side. When you need gold ingots, right click those signs and it will give you, say, a gold ingot and take 9 coins from your account.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OisinsVids

Name: Adding the Sandlot to your Mutliplayer list
    World: N/A
    made by cheracc

Introduction:
    In this video you will learn how to Add The Sandlot Minecraft Server to your Minecraft Multiplayer Server list

You can watch the video here on YouTube.

• Like Like x 1
  7. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

How to post images v2.0

Name: How to post images on the forums
    World: N/A
    made by c0wgod

Sandlot does not host images on the forums, so to add screenshots or pictures, a different website which allows embedding must be used. The most popular one is Imgur, and below I will show you how to upload your screenshots to Imgur so they can be viewed on the forums.

1. To take a screenshot in Minecraft, press F2 on your keyboard. It's a good idea to remove the GUI (Graphical User Interface, which means your hotbar and arm/sword/etc.) from your shot, so you should press F1 first to toggle the GUI off, then press F2 to take the screenshot, then press F1 again to turn the GUI back on.

If you are on a laptop, it's possible that your function keys don't work unless you use a modifier key. If you can't take a screenshot successfully, look for a Fn button on your keyboard and hold that button down, then press F2, then let go of both keys.

2. Go to http://www.imgur.com

3. Click the Computer button to upload images from your computer

[​IMG]

4. Copy the following code and paste it into the File name area. To copy the text, click the Select all link, then press Ctrl and C at the same time on your keyboard. Paste this code into the File name area by pressing Ctrl and V at the same time. After that, press Enter or Return on your keyboard.

Code:
    %appdata%\.minecraft\screenshots
    [​IMG]

5. You should now be looking at all the screenshots you have taken in Minecraft. Click on the image you want to upload and share. If you have multiple screenshots to share, hold Ctrl on your keyboard and click each image you want to upload. After you have made your selections, click the Open button.

[​IMG]

6. On the dialog that pops up, click the Start Upload button.

[​IMG]

7. The images will start to upload. This could take a while depending on your internet connection, so be patient.

[​IMG]

8. Once they are done uploading, you will be directed to the page with the image. If you uploaded multiple images, links for each one will be across the top labeled "First Image," "Second Image," etc.

[​IMG]

9a. If you only uploaded a single image, click the piece of paper next to the BBCode (message boards & forums) section to copy the image link to your clipboard. Then proceed to step 13.

[​IMG]

9b. If you uploaded multiple images, click the Generate multiple links link.

[​IMG]

10. A dialog will pop up showing you links to all the images you just uploaded. Open the drop down menu in the middle that says Link (email & IM).

[​IMG]

11. Change the drop down to BBCode (message boards & forums).

[​IMG]

12. Click the copy button to copy the image code to your clipboard.

[​IMG]

13. Paste the image code in the text editor on the forums by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard at the same time.

[​IMG]

14. You're done!

• Like Like x 1
  8. OisinsVids

• Like Like x 1
  9. OisinsVids

10. OisinsVids

11. OisinsVids

12. OisinsVids

13. OisinsVids

UPDATE:
    I've moved this thread from the old forums to here. Some might be outdated, but it may be useful to some people.
    If anyone wants to submit any tutorials, send me a private message with the tutorial and I'll add it here.
    thanks

• Like Like x 3
  14. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

Thank you for moving this. I just saw a note in a whitelist application asking for a lobby tutorial. This could be helpful for new players.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.