Skyblock Jungle tree behavior change today

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by MehrCraft, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

It might be just a glitch with my client, but today when I tried to chop a jungle tree with my trusty stone axe (all I have since I'm in skyblock) the Jungle tree seemed to be extremely hard to chop - virtually unusable.

I remember seeing this behavior in some servers in Survival... where you pretty much need a diamond efficiency 5 mending axe to make jungle trees worth going after, but I had not seen this in skyblock where you rarely have something better than stone.

Is this a client glitch, a temporary server bug, or something intentional (in which case I'll just abandon jungle tree farming altogether until I reach the necessary level and find a source of diamonds and top enchantments)?

2. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Can you go into more detail? Was there block-lag? Did it just take a long time to cut down; longer than using a normal stone axe?

3. TheAfkOne

TheAfkOne something amusing VIP

I think this is lag; It sometimes happens to me. You break a log, it gets replaced there, and like a minute later it gets dropped. It's just lag

• Like Like x 1
  4. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

Yeah I can't break anything in skyblock normally ever.

5. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

I don't think it was lag. I can break all other kinds of trees fine with the stone axe.

It is only the Jungle tree that became MUCH harder to chop down (takes maybe 10x or 20x the normal hits) and the Dark Oak tree that is a bit harder to chop (mabye 2x or 4x the normal hits). The other trees all seem unaffected.

6. captain_ODG

captain_ODG Master

Are you sure you were not mining it from under water, while on a ladder, or on a hourse?

7. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

Or while jumping.

Or maybe you somehow stumbled across an elder guardian in skyblock :rolleyes:

8. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

No I don't think that is the problem.

9. 9rac1e

9rac1e Professional Homework Doodler Helper VIP

The best advice I can give you is too Try again tomorrow, if it doesn't work you can tell a mod in game or trust someone on your island for a short amount of time and ask them to try and chop down your jungle tree.

- Take Care, Rock

10. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

Additional details about this behavior, kind of nuts... but it is how it behaves:

- The following is for stone axes, the axes you normally use in skyblock.

- This strange effect is proportional to the health of the axe.

- If the axe is new, don't even bother to try to chop a jungle or dark oak tree with it.

- A 1/4 health axe seems to be almost as effective on jungle trees as things were before.

Extremely annoying workaround:

- Make and carry several axes.

- Start your chopping on your softer trees, watching your axe health and switch axe once it gets to 1/4.

- Once you have enough 1/4 axes chop your jungle and dark oak trees.

-... yes, extremely annoying way of doing things, but it works.

Conclusion:

- The problem is probably caused by some plugin that was added to Survival to make these trees more of a challenge unless you use a diamond efficiency 5 / fortune 3 / unbreakable 3 / mending axe (the ideal survival axe). I've seen this behavior in a different survival server, and the fancy axe was the solution... but in that server there was a trading system where you could buy enchanted books, so it was not a problem.

- The plugin probably leaked - unintentionally - into skyblock during the 1.12.2 server update.

As someone suggested, yes it would be good to tell a mod in game about the issue, but I haven't seen a mod for several IRL days, so this is the only way I could find to report the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

One more note:

- A mod (hamsrus1) came to my tree and using my stone axe was able to chop the jungle tree at normal speed while I still could not chop it.

- Therefore... it must be a config setting. Something that is set differently for mods than for normal skyblock players.

• Like Like x 1
  12. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

There are no plugins installed on Skyblock that would cause this behavior. Can you try to create a new Minecraft profile in your launcher and see if it still happens? Can you ask a helper or another player to see if they observe the same behavior?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Abbz05_

I mined a jungle tree with a gently used stone axe, and a new stone axe - no difference.

The next time you are online, I can come over to help.

Is a wooden axe faster? When you say it's slow, is it like mining obsidian with an iron pickaxe slow?

• Like Like x 1
  14. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

It happens to me, but as I mentioned it didn't happen to a mod, bit he watched me as it happened... quite a bit slower than mining obsidian.

I am heading on vacation (boarding plane now), but when I return I will try with a new profile.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

Hi cowgod,

I was rereading your post and realized I already did this in a way... by playing both on my PC and my laptop. There is no difference.

I also tried to look into adding a new profile name at Mojang, but discovered that I can change my name but not add a new name under the same account. And if I change my name I will likely break all of my LWC configuration. So, from this perspective my only option would be to buy a 2nd account with a different username... kind of extreme, and I strongly suspect this is not what you are asking me to try.

16. Abbz05_

@RatMazeMind made this tutorial for making a new profile (you can ignore the discussion about Sandlot being outdated; as long as your new profile is 1.12, you’re good).

• Like Like x 2
  17. MehrCraft

MehrCraft Craftsman

I probably should report that the problem is solved. Creating a new profile did it.

I have no idea why, as it is identical to the previous one, but it worked.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.