Skyblock: Villagers crashing through floor?

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by AndromedaJulie, Jun 25, 2021.

1. AndromedaJulie

AndromedaJulie Official Namer of Pets Helper

Not sure if this is a known bug or what I did wrong, but I had my villager in a boat. I was advised not to take it out of the boat until I was on full sized blocks (not slabs). I replaced all the flooring in that section with full sized blocks, then broke the boat. The villager immediately crashed through the floor to the floor below. It didn't die, but I now can't get it back upstairs.

What's up with this and/or what did I do wrong?
    Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The_JOJO9

The_JOJO9 Master VIP

This is a bug that can be found in Minecraft itself. Not too common, so if you do happen to get the villager back up, it probably won't happen again. When the villager gets out of the boat, it is slightly lower than the block it was on. I'm guessing this is why it teleports through the block.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

So, we have to have them be 2 full blocks up? over water? something else?

4. AndromedaJulie

AndromedaJulie Official Namer of Pets Helper

Yes, I'd like to understand this better so I don't lose anymore (villagers or nametags!). I'm new at converting villagers, and I don't understand all the mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cxttoncandy

cxttoncandy slay queen Helper VIP

My floor is a slab plus a full block on top in thickness and I haven’t had any villagers fall through the floor yet. From my experience, it seems like they only fall through one full block, so the slab below stopped it from falling through completely. I haven’t tested this myself, but I also heard from another player that breaking a boat on bottom slabs won’t cause the villager to fall through and it seemed to work for others.

6. RiptideShadow

RiptideShadow Master

So I think that bug can't be fixed by sandlot, meaning it's a problem with minecraft itself. I don't completely know, but I think that sounds like something wrong with minecraft.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GrimpyHalfhand

GrimpyHalfhand Lagmaster Elder Helper VIP

I found a way to "unstick" a villager who sunk halfway into the floor after I broke the boat it had been in.
    I put down two rail tracks on the floor next to the villager and pushed a mine cart into it. The villager then popped up and into the cart.

Not quite the same problem, but a solution that may help someone.

• Like Like x 4
  8. LegoBoyo

LegoBoyo Pop Culture Enthusiast Elder Helper

Were the rail tracks power rails?