[SVS] oops, tried to extend rent and instead cleared shop (and extended)

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by Bezoarnut, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bezoarnut

Bezoarnut Artisan Elder VIP

In new-SVS, I had rented atlantisbuildlarge07 and received the notice that my shop rent would run out in 3 hours.

I tried to extend the rent, but wasn't sure how. I tried right-clicking the sign and got the message 'You extended your rent of atlantisbuidlarge07 until 19 September."

Great!

I thought, maybe it'd be a good idea to extend it for another week, so I did it again. Oops. 'atlantisbuildlarge07 of Bezoarnut has been unrented.'

And all the chests and their items were cleared. Darn it.

Any easy way to restore the items? Thanks.

2. Bezoarnut

Bezoarnut Artisan Elder VIP

I'm pretty sure that all my stuff will be lost, because while trying to figure out how to extend the rent, I unrented and re-rented more than once, so based on what's in the sticky threads, any saved schematics would have been lost.

Would be awesome if there could be a confirmation dialog before unrenting a shop, though!

Oh well, live, lose, and learn. :)

3. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

That's correct, unfortunately. I loaded the schematic earlier, but it pasted the empty shop.

I believe your items will be lost, but there may be a backup somewhere -- I will have to defer to @c0wg0d on that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I'm very sorry that happened. I do not have an easy way to restore a backup since we do not have any test servers on 1.10 at the moment. I will look into the possibility of adding a confirmation when unrenting a shop.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.