The New Nether On Easy Broke My Home Portal

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by PEP56, Oct 3, 2020.

1. PEP56

PEP56 Master

I had a linked portal in the old nether. When I went through a while ago, into the new nether, to see if I could link one again, I ended up in Monkey Chicka's nether portal. Digging through the nether to the corresponding site of my claim, to match up the coords, I found the coords are in an admin area, and I am unable to place my portal. When I got "as close as possible" and placed a portal there, it wasn't close enough. Going back through it generated a new portal in a cave, a couple hundred blocks from my base.

Help!

In the future, when putting in admin areas, would it be possible to check to see the cooresponding coords in the overworld aren't someone's claim?

Thanks!

Pat

2. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I think in the announcement post about the update on Easy, c0w requested we have a mod place a portal on the /map, to be linked to the nether "soon". Not sure about the details, and my portals don't match yet either; I end up quite a distance away from the correct coords even when I try to get close.

3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Any moderator can help you place a portal in the nether if it's in an admin area. We are also starting work on constructing nether tunnels that people can use for fast travel.

4. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I found that a nether portal at level 132 will come out in the /map portal, if that helps. Trying to get to the level if the nether tunnels next.

5. PEP56

PEP56 Master

Thanks, c0w! I'll see about having that done.

Pat