Trouble logging in today (9/26/13)

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by tsteele93, Sep 26, 2013.

1. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

NOTE: I have a possible fix - I created a NEW server called www.SERVER.sandlotminecraft.COM

SAME thing, but I can log into it even though I can't log into www.server.sandlotminecraft.com

TRY IT IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS.

I'm online with good internet connection and 1.64 - keep getting null timeout - anything that is going on that I should know about?

Thanks

Tom

2. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

I've reset router and modem event though internet was fine, I rebooted, tried from my son's computer. Flushed dns, released dns, renewed dns...

Not thinking it is on my end? But I see 14 people on...

3. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

4. Mcelmom

Mcelmom Initiate

we're having the same issue today, both this morning and this afternoon. thanks!

5. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

Cheracc,

Live maps are working fine and I was able to log into another server today. Let me try again... no luck. I'm going to try switching to my phone as an access point.

I'll let you know. I was on last night just fine...

-Tom

6. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

No luck, I just switched over to at&t on my samsung s3 and same thing...

I can log in to **.**.**.**:25566 just fine, but I can't get on sandlot. Sandlot shows as being available and shows 41 people online or so... But it just says Logging In and hangs until I get a timeout.

-Tom

7. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

Basically it says logging in, then I wait........... then "Disconnected by Server" and under that "ReadTimeoutException : null"

Hope that helps!

-Tom

8. FURRYPOTATO200

FURRYPOTATO200 Initiate

tsteele9, i think you might want to delete that last post, thats advertising and advertising isnt aloud.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Furry

EDIT: second to last post i meant

9. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

I've seen some suggestions that it might have to do with a corrupt spawnpoint?

Both my son Quinn937 and i tsteele937 play on EASY most of the time, but we have been on Creative the past couple of days doing some building, not sure if that adds to the trail or clues?

10. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

It isn't advertising, it is a server set up for a kid and isn't a play on server. I posted it to show cheracc that I can get on a server and so he can see if there are any differences between that setup and his - and maybe what is different than his that is giving me trouble. I'll delete it once he sees it, but it isn't "advertising" anything. THanks,

Tom

11. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Hey tsteele93,

Not trying to be rude or anything but, maybe just talk to Cheracc using private messaging.

Did you read the post about how mine raft was down or something? I haven't tried getting on recently but, on Friday I will see if it works for me or not. I remember seeing like 21 people on and the same thing happened to me. Maybe try rebooting your computer if you haven't already. Anyway, I'm going to see if I can get on. Because before I couldn't but, when I checked the live map, I saw people on. I will try tomorrow and see if it happens to me. If it doesn't, then I would just say maybe reboot your computer or delete the Sandlot Server, and then re-add it back on.

Hope it helps!

EDIT: Try refreshing your servers by going to multiplayer and hit refresh. If that doesn't work, make sure your using 1.6.4

Sorry if it doesn't help. Just a thought.

12. OisinsVids

OisinsVids Magic Man Moderator Elder VIP

Abbz, there is no need for him to private message cheracc, this is what the forums are here for.
    The problem is most likely with your router. Have you tried updating the fireware on the router, I was having problem with our internet not too long ago and this fixed everything. If that does not work you could try setting up ports for your router, once again I've learned from experience this does work, although will have to look up a tutorial on YouTube, since I've completely forgot how to do it now. Hope that helps.

13. Takssista

Takssista Master

If you have a wireless connection and a nice neighbour that lets you try his connection, why not go that way?

14. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

For whatever reason, I am back on today. Nothing changed at all on my end from day to day - go figure...

-Tom

P.S. No rudeness taken from anyone. I was going to go back and delete the reference to the PRIVATE server that I posted just as an example of a server I could reach, but it was already done for me - so thanks I suppose. It wasn't advertising because it isn't a server that you can play on or a server that is going to be available long, it was just a sample of something I COULD get on but not here. I understand that they don't want advertising, but I wanted to get on the server and I do pay to play here because I have a great deal of respect for the time and effort cheracc puts into this server and I have a 6 year old son and I am very excited to have a server he can safely play on - but I also wanted to offer as much data as possible to find the problem.

I know that the prevailing attitude is "it's just minecraft, don't get upset" but I bought a rather expensive gaming laptop so my son and I can play together and I choose to spend much of my spare time playing on a server. So I do want to be able to do that and aggressively pursue fixing it when it isn't working.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. I just wish I knew more about why it suddenly started working again today...

15. Takssista

Takssista Master

Could've been something on your provider's side. Sometimes it just happens.

If you have a mobile internet dongle or smartphone with internet access, you can also use it to troubleshoot the issue should it arise again. Works for me, at least I know whether the problem lies with my cable connection or not.

16. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

And I'm not able to log in again today...

I've tried

Rebooting
    Rebooting modem
    Rebooting wi-fi

Logging in via different provider (aka I have cable with 30mbs, switched to my phone with AT&T 4gLTE) neither works.

I've tried using different profiles.

I just hang on the log-in screen.

Yesterday I was on fine.

No rhyme or reason.

Tom

17. minecraftmom

minecraftmom Novice

We're having the same problem. Log in hangs until it times out with a null error. Most forums where this error has been reported say that it should resolve itself if you leave it for a while, but it's been more than 4 hours now. We've tried from 2 different computers.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

18. vAxiom

vAxiom Initiate

Try calling your provider and ask to reset your Internet. I know my local provider can do it, but i don't know about yours.

19. tsteele93

tsteele93 Expert

What does resetting your internet mean?

I don't really understand what our provider has to do with it either,

I have Charter for my cable modem. I have AT&T for my phone. I can switch back and forth to either of them - giving me two very different providers - and get the same error as minecraftmom.

Additionally, my son and I access from two different computers with different setups of minecraft. I am running optifine and he is running plain vanilla. Neither of us can get on...

I don't have a clue what the problem is, but it CAN'T BE:

Router - why? Because when I use my smartphone as a wi-fi hub, the phone becomes the internet connection and I'm not using my home router.
    Cable Modem - why? See above.
    Provider - why? Two completely different providers - same result.
    Computer - why? Two completely different computers, set up differently, same results.

I'm completely lost.

Tom

20. minecraftmom

minecraftmom Novice

Agree with tsteele93, I don't think the problem is with our ISP's (why else would other people be having the exact same problem on the exact same day?). Everything else works...even other Minecraft servers. No matter where we log in (3 different computers with 3 different operating systems), and even using a VPN, we still get the same error: "Disconnected by Server ReadTimeoutException : null".

Thanks!