Two Important Questions

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by AspenPaw, May 26, 2015.

1. AspenPaw

AspenPaw Novice

Hello Sandlot,
    1. I just joined forums today (the Whitelist form is also done) but I was wondering how long do I have to wait until I can start playing on the Sandlot server? In other words, when will I be accepted to come and play? (I'm really excited:))

2. On the forums, there is a box that I think is supposed to have my minecraft skin face in it. It's not there and I've tried everything- even uploading images instead. It keeps saying the image is too big... I either need to find out how to make it smaller, or find out how to put my minecraft face in it.

Hopefully not too much of a bother,
    AspenPaw

2. rraaiinn

rraaiinn Master Helper

this is for the second question,

Your name on the forums has to be the same as your in game name. Sorry

3. AspenPaw

AspenPaw Novice

I'm sorry if this wasn't clearly typed hahah, I was asking about my avatar on forums, I'm fine with my name...

4. nefarious_neo

nefarious_neo Tiny, but fierce!

First, welcome to Sandlot! I hope to see you online soon :) It's a great community.

Also, I believe she was trying to say your name on the forums has to be your in-game name (or Minecraft name) to show your skin (also known as your avatar) on the forums.

To answer your first question, it really depends on moderator availability. Sometimes you'll be accepted within the minute, or maybe a day. Usually it's not long, they're very quick to get to it. You'll be on in no time.

5. AspenPaw

AspenPaw Novice

Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing you online soon hopefully! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. AspenPaw

AspenPaw Novice

Sorry I forgot to add this; is there any way I will know when I get accepted?

7. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

I think you will get an email saying that your whitelist application was accepted.

Then you can use the forum to ask to have your skin uploaded. Like you, I tried everything I could to upload my image. Finally I found a post where you could ask for assistance, so I did. And here I am in all my frosty wonderfulness!

Welcome to The Sandlot! I look forward to seeing you around. You can find me in Skyblock most of the time.

8. AspenPaw

AspenPaw Novice

Thanks for responding so soon! I can already tell how much fun I'll have on Sandlot, everyone is so nice ;)
    See you on SkyBlock!

• Like Like x 5
  9. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I tried to fix your avatar, but it appears the skin site we use to download the skins isn't functioning properly. Hopefully it will show up soon.

Welcome to The Sandlot!

10. Drzzter

Drzzter Master Elder Helper

As in, you can't download her skin?

11. c0wg0d

Yeah. We use crafatar.com which appears to be down.

12. Drzzter

I can snag it if you want.

[​IMG]

Not sure if that's what you meant though.

13. c0wg0d

It's all done on the back end using coding APIs, not a manual process where I can just upload a skin. Thank you for trying though! :)

14. Drzzter

Aw ok, have fun with that then ;>

15. AspenPaw

AspenPaw Novice

Thank you c0wg0d and Drzzter, I really appreciate it!
    Hope to see you on Sandlot soon :)

16. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

I don't know if you've been accepted yet, but Welcome to Sandlot!

17. AspenPaw

AspenPaw Novice

Thanks!

18. Roxie238

Roxie238 Master

No but I really hope I see you soon! :D I was really anxious to join as-well and there really is no way to know when you will be accepted. On weekends or on week nights around 6:00 (my time) it gets pretty busy. So the mods are usually on. Why they are that is when they will usually accept. This may not be correct but I am almost positive ;) hope to see you in game

19. AspenPaw

AspenPaw Novice

Thanks, I hope to see you soon, too! :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. thebrave124

thebrave124 Craftsman

I know this is a tiny bit off topic, but c0wg0d could you please add my skin? Thanks! I changed it from steve.