Upcoming Changes to Server Chat

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by cheracc, Jun 26, 2014.

1. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

I am still working out all of the finer details, but I wanted to give everyone a "heads up" about some changes you will soon see in how chat acts and looks.

Primarily:

• HungerGames servers will no longer show what kit a player is using. This was done specifically to increase the "mystery" and make it more of a guessing game. You won't know what you are going up against until the combat begins.
    • The Easy server will no longer show Job titles in chat. It's fairly spammy and makes it hard to read. Since they are being removed, we will instead be announcing "skill level ups" - such as when you move from Apprentice Woodworker up to Journeyman Woodworker - everyone will know that you did so.

That's it for now

2. LuckyLeo

LuckyLeo Artisan Helper VIP

Thanks cheracc!
    Gee, I thought that we were getting kits removed. xd

3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

I'm sure changing your mind at this point is impossible, but would you consider leaving the jobs in, but shrink them to 1 letter each, and color them based on their rank? Some examples:

Apprentice Miner, Apprentice Enchanter: [ME]
    Master Digger, Journeyman Lumberjack: [DL]

My main concern is that there are lots of new kids that have no idea there is a job system at all, and if you don't display jobs in chat, we will have no idea that they need help with it.

You could also implement this same system in SV where ranks are shortened to a single letter to cut down on the noise.

4. cheracc

It's more a limitation of the plugin I'm using than it is my desire to remove them. I'm still playing with it. It's possible I can get them to work.

5. Drzzter

Drzzter Master Elder Helper

I'm liking both these changes, especially the Hunger Games one, I normally don't chat in HG just so my kit is a mystery.

6. GoldenZdude

GoldenZdude Master

sounds cool, good luck :)

7. Comatose

Comatose Artisan Elder VIP

A very welcome change, especially for hunger games. Perhaps this will persuade me to be less anti-social during the pre-game :p

8. The_NogMan

The_NogMan Expert Helper

Thanks for these changes. My favorite is the hg! Adding in extra mystery :)

9. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Thanks cheracc! This is sure to help. Thanks again. :)

10. Hoverflier

Hoverflier Master Helper VIP

Omg whats next when I log on flying pandas??

11. cheracc

Good News - I got it working, so the Easy job titles can stay. And bonus: It will now label new players as Unemployed instead of just showing empty brackets.