Video Formatting

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by Stormyy_, Apr 20, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvvrboy

lvvrboy :P VIP

When posting on the forums, there is an 'Upload a File' button.
    upload_2019-4-20_19-34-27.png
    However, when I try to upload a video of any format, I get a message along the lines of "This video format is not supported." I've tried mp4, gif, mpeg, and even some less commonly used ones. I get this message for all of them except for .gif files. When I try to post a gif, I get an error message. (Gifs are also less convenient for what I'm trying to do.)
    This, of course, only applies to videos that are from my computer and not on the internet. However, I don't want to post said videos on social media because they are simply too short and don't have enough context outside of Sandlot forums.
    (If you're wondering exactly what I'm trying to do : https://www.sandlotminecraft.com/threads/elaborate-scheme.33829/. Trying to post updates e-e)
    If it isn't possible to post videos that are not already online, that's alright. Just wondering what video formats to export as.

2. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

I believe that is the case. The demo video I made of my Trivia Maze is posted on YouTube and then I put the "Share" link in the forum post. I understand if you want to stay away from that.

I will say a short video with no description or tags, no inappropriate or copy-written material, and from an anonymous, faceless YouTube profile will go entirely unnoticed in the YT universe. I mean, most people that are desperate to get noticed there unusually don't get noticed. But again, I completely understand if you want to stay away from it. I, myself, have never had a FaceBook or Instragram profile.

3. lvvrboy

My problem with the whole YT thing is that I have a channel with a small following. It may be small, but I'm too worried about confusing people and posting things outside of the theme. What I may try is putting it in the 'private' or 'unlisted' section and see how well that works.

• Like Like x 1
  4. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

We don't allow posting of videos using the Upload feature. Your idea about using an unlisted video on YouTube should work fine (if they allow video embedding on external websites).

5. lvvrboy

Thanks c0w <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.