Hunger Games has been updated to 1.16.2 and has many updates!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Aug 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Our marvelous founder @cheracc has been working very hard to update our Hunger Games plugin to support Minecraft 1.16.2, and I am proud to announce it is now available for play! We both feel it is stable enough to be our main Hunger Games server now, so everyone can enjoy it!

As cheracc already mentioned:

Everyone please give a huge thanks to @cheracc for his dedication on this! It's incredible!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. bradyrtech

bradyrtech Most deaths from chickens in hard

thanks for updating loads of servers lately!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WanderingLlama

WanderingLlama Wayfaring Drama Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Wow! Thank you so much for all the updates!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. _Onion

_Onion Farm Fresh Onions! Helper VIP

Thanks @c0wg0d and @cheracc for your hard work on updating HG! We all appreciate it!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pigichu

Pigichu Stinky Sock Washer Helper

Thanks so much you guys!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mickeyheart

Mickeyheart Grandificent Grandmama Mickeyosity Moderator Helper VIP

thanks so much cheracc!!! the plugin is amazing. also, thanks so much for working so diligently to update all of the servers!! this is very exciting!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RMicky

RMicky One-eyed One-horned Flying Purple People Eater VIP

im very excited for this!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. how_its_neko

how_its_neko floofer: part 2

Yay!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. _Hatter

_Hatter Mad_ VIP

woop woop!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

Wow this is awesome!!!! Is there a list of new features anywhere, because I'm curious to see what ideas were added because there were so many.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. NotInReality

NotInReality is glitching

wow, thanks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. MisterGuardian

MisterGuardian Extra Enthusiastic About The Sandlot

I know this is was a bug but can you enable the exploding books glitch with the barriers that lets you outside the map cause it's cool seeing behind the scenes. I know its not allowed but it was fun, including the message!

13. flash_miner

flash_miner Master

Thanks, you two, and especially @cheracc — two player HG, borders, new items, kit improvements... you’ve really outdone yourself! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TruWolf_

TruWolf_ One Ring to Hyrule them All Elder Helper

Thanks so much for this, I cant list all of the things that I like about the updated version- you changed a lot of things that I really wanted, and added things that I didn’t know I wanted xd thanks again!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. cheracc

cheracc Master Founder VIP

I don't think I will do that, but there are other ways to do what you are saying - the most obvious of which is spectator mode after you are dead - you can just go right through the glass or whatever.

I can honestly say I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it - I love learning new, useful skills, and my abilities at java programming are vastly improved now compared to what they were before I started working on it. There were definitely some frustrating moments where I couldn't find the cause of an error or something, but even with those, I just took a day off and came back at it later and was always able to solve the problem, and learned something new in the process.

The biggest frustration I had through the whole process was seemingly random errors that came up occasionally when the game was shutting down - I spent WEEKS trying to fix that, but it all turned out that it was because I was copying the new version of the plugin .jar into the plugin directory before shutting the server down - I felt SO dumb after I figured that one out!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. YSElectro

YSElectro tesseracting since 2016

I know everyone has already said this, but this plugin isn't just neat, its insanely neat, like neat to a whole new level! its tons of fun seeing the player base adjust to a whole new meta, and I think I found my prefered non-meta kit!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GertAlert

GertAlert Gert Alert! Warning, Gert Alert! Helper

I love the updates to hungergames a absolutely amazing job!! Love the new features it just looks great!! Really good job cheracc! Sandlot has been amazing with how amazing the staff are to make these updates thank y’all for all the amazing things y’all have added over the years! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1