Can't create forum account for my Bedrock account

Discussion in 'Get Help!' started by fancyfinn9, Jan 15, 2024.

1. fancyfinn9

fancyfinn9 The Good Grammar Guy

So, long story short, I have Minecraft on my phone, and I chose a gamertag very similar to my Java username (my gamertag being FancyFinn9 and my Java username being fancyfinn9).

The thing is, I can't join The Sandlot on my phone until I'm whitelisted on that account, but I can't create a forum account with my gamertag as my username because of this error on the sign-up page: "User names must be unique. The specified user name is already in use."

What can I do here? Must I change my gamertag just for this reason, or is there something else I'm missing?

(On a sidenote, I did select "Bedrock edition" in the account type further down the registration page. No change)

TIA!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

You will have to make a change to one of them. Unique email addresses also. I know you may see a mod or two with identical account names from our initial testing days, but the system now will not allow players to do that. Java allows free name changes, and Xbox gamertags can be changed once for free.

• Like Like x 1
  3. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

As @KRiskKaT said, unfortunately we can't currently support having your Java and Bedrock accounts with the same name. It is something we would like to support in the future, but there are a lot of behind-the-scenes processes and systems that make supporting this very difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1