Hardcore closing: December 3rd

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Oct 26, 2016.

1. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

• Like Like x 4
  2. zilory

zilory Watching the days go by Elder Helper

3. c0wg0d

Yep.

• Like Like x 1
  4. .Pizza4001

.Pizza4001 Master

Is it ever coming back?

5. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Yes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. captain_ODG

captain_ODG Master

I hope I will be able to play, I have never been in a farewell tour even though I was a member of the sandlot while the SVS farewell tour was happening and I did not utend, oops :rolleyes:

7. Kyukuro

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. _Razz

_Razz Redstone Warrior Moderator Elder VIP

I messed up the time and have violin lesson with Matteo now. We will be on Sandlot soon as we get home. Hopefully we will only miss the first 10-15 minutes of the event. Hope many can join for this great event. Can't wait till the horse race starts.

9. CreeperSword

CreeperSword Master

It's 2:00 now! It t's starting (It's 2:00 Eastern time)

• Like Like x 2
  10. c0wg0d

• Like Like x 3
  11. PEP56

PEP56 Master

c0w, I downloaded it and explored a bit. Large parts of the world are missing or changed. Where my house was is totally changed. Dhan Dhir is gone except for the front gate area, but it goes into a flat wall. Spawn appears to be gone. The nether hub is fine, but when I go out through a portal to a formerly familiar area, the portal is in the midst of undeveloped land and the landscape is different. Some borders between biomes are now completely flat walls where it looks like the elevations never matched up. Other parts of the map appear to be entirely intact, with large residential areas totally untouched. What did I do wrong?

-Pat

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  12. c0wg0d

That's strange. I double checked and it appears fine in my single player world. Maybe the zip file got corrupted when I uploaded it. Has anyone else downloaded it and seen what Pat is seeing?

13. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

I have it downloaded, just haven't opened it. @PEP56, are you sure you were opening it in the right MC version? Dunno if that might have affected it or not.

I'll check tomorrow

14. PEP56

PEP56 Master

I've been running the same version for weeks now and the map loaded just fine when I played on Sandlot. Could it be that the world seed was generated then run on an older version of the game on Sandlot, with only the plugins updated, so I need to load it under that version on my PC?

Pat

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kyukuro

Yes, you could connect to the Sandlot and UHC with 1.11.2, but UHC itself was only running version 1.8.

16. PEP56

PEP56 Master

It worked. I restarted from scratch, using 1.8, and it's fine. The only problems were that spawn (the train yard) is full of mobs and when I TPd home, half my corrals were on fire and my animals were dying.

-Pat

17. LifeLearner

LifeLearner The One Who Knows Moderator Elder VIP

D:=C

18. c0wg0d

If you still have the zip file, delete the world in your saves folder and unzip the archive again. As quickly as possible, enable cheats and type /gamerule doFireTick false.

19. PEP56

PEP56 Master

Yeah, I did that right away. Wandering around the world though, it seems there have been a number of places, including homes, where the game started with fires already set, so there is burn damage. I'm wondering why it would start that way, when there was no fire set when the world was saved. Very strange...

-Pat

20. RatMazeMind

RatMazeMind Fully vaccinated rodent Moderator Elder VIP

Did UHC use the Grief Prevention plugin (the one that sets up claims with a golden shovel)? It prevents fire spread on claims, but if you load the world in single player without the plugin, fireplaces and other open flames will light up wood homes. I knew people that had that problem on downloads from another server that used Grief Prevention.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1