Holiday Hard Team Event - Join us!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by trubuhl, Oct 22, 2023.

1. trubuhl

trubuhl The Stinky Sock Moderator Elder VIP

Hehe diamonds are visible in that first mountain screenshot if you look closely :)

2. MCtwilight

MCtwilight Ed Shakespearean Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Hi all! I hope you’re all having as much fun this month as I am so far. Hard Teams is a blast!

None of this has happened yet, so there is no cause for alarm. However, it’s always good to prevent things before they happen! Just a few reminders to keep in mind…
    • This is a FRIENDLY COMPETITION. It always has been, and it always will be. Please never sabotage, harm, steal from, etc. other teams or your own. This would be a violation of both Rule 3: Be Respectful, and Rule 5: Be nice. Let’s all just have fun and have good sportsmanship.
    • If you come in contact with a farm, auto farm, etc. that belong to another team, please just assume, unless noted otherwise, that they are not for your use. You can always build one for your own team.
    • Only take what you need from your team. If your team has two stacks of diamond blocks, or 10 stacks of cooked potatoes, please remember that those are for everyone to share. There shouldn’t ever really be a reason you would need to take all of them for yourself. Be a good teammate. If you do need to take large amounts of materials, make sure you check with your fellow teammates just to let them know.
    Alright, I think that checks off my list. :) Always use common sense. However, if you do have any questions about anything on this list or something new, please please please feel free to check with a Helper or Moderator.

Thanks folks! Time to get back to grinding AACHs. ;)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. .Pizza4001

.Pizza4001 Master

Is there a way to join

4. KRiskKaT

KRiskKaT Piecing it together Moderator Elder Helper VIP

Choose a team or play independently!

5. trubuhl

Added @.Pizza4001 to Team Frosty per relayed request.

• Beautiful Beautiful x 2
  6. trubuhl

So we're a little past the midway point of Holiday Hard Teams. We still have almost three weeks left to play! So far Team Grinch has a runaway lead, but time remains and if more players get involved we could still see a Team Frosty and Team Elf comeback!

Grinch: 90,090
    Frosty: 68,250
    Elf: 65,365

On the individual lists we have @sprainedd somehow sprinting(!) past the rest of the field, with a score of 12,650 at the top of the leaderboard.

Additionally: There will likely be awards to vote on at the end of Hard Teams for various players and other things. Possible examples: "Unlikely superstar award", "Team builder award", "Team decorator award", "Team MVP", "Most Fun Teammate award", etc. The actual list won't be available until it's time to vote. We may have a per-team vote on some of them for fairness :)

Trust me on this one thing: I guarantee you that any team can still win. We're only just past halfway. Get out there, have fun, and get some achievements for your team :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. FantheFanofFans

FantheFanofFans Alien Living Among Us Helper VIP

If I remember correctly, BIM pulled past Headache last team event, with the power of Elle and coordination, so it can be done!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Taylor___Swift13

Taylor___Swift13 Pop Culture Enthusiast Elder Helper

So far every team seems to be doing very well! I am proud of my own extremely much! We've accomplished a lot. I am glad everyone on the server is having so much fun! When this ends, I hope we can do it again in the Summer!

• Like Like x 2
  9. trubuhl

Score updates. The gap is shrinking... it's not over yet! 10 more days to go!

Grinch: 101,215
    Frosty: 86,495
    Elf: 83,995

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Taylor___Swift13

TEN? TEN? I thought it'd be longer cri.

• Beautiful Beautiful x 1
  11. trubuhl

Perhaps we could extend it a bit if enough people wanted to. I'll do a vote later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Taylor___Swift13

Thank you!

13. trubuhl

After considering various factors, Holiday Hard Teams will END on January 10th (server reset time 11pm pacific) with Hard Server reopened by the 14th (probably sooner). Scoring will count until the end of day on the 10th as well.

Next round will be vanilla hard, more or less, and will likely run through end of February (roughly).

There's still time...

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Beautiful Beautiful x 1
  14. Taylor___Swift13

It is incredibly sad to know that Hard Teams will end yet again but it is indeed inevitable! Thank you @trubuhl for making all this happen! Myself as well as many other players who play Hard Teams appreciate you very VERY much! Looking forward to next time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. trubuhl

Reminder: Hard Teams will end on Jan 10th at the end of the server day at which point scores will be tallied.

Sorry I haven't been around much in the past couple of weeks, life happens!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. trubuhl

There's not much time...

• Like Like x 3
  17. trubuhl

I hope everyone has had fun in Holiday Hard Teams! I haven't been able to be on recently, my family got sick around Christmas and we're still dragging (all OK though). Sounds like it will be a photo finish on the competition! But more importantly I hope you have had fun playing together on your teams.

I've requested to see if we can make the Holiday world available as a download here on the website, just FYI.

Again Holiday Hard Teams closes Wednesday 1/10 at 11pm pacific. The server should be back up with new more vanilla world for regular Hard with all the normal biomes and such by 1/14 (possibly sooner).

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

It was a fierce battle on the final day of Holiday Hard Teams! Team Grinch and Team Elf went back and forth several times for first place. Team Frosty also came in with a very respectable and hard earned score of almost 100,000 points! In the end, Team Grinch clinched the victory by only 1,475 points over Team Elf! Well done to all the participants, and thanks @trubuhl and @waseric for all your hard work!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Taylor___Swift13

Thank you @trubuhl and @waseric for everything you have put into this world of Hard Teams! Absolute blast playing every second of it with friends surrounding. Cannot wait for next year! Congratulations to Team Grinch for winning!

2023-12-27_18.59.23.png
    2024-01-11_01.24.24.png
    2023-12-26_16.24.55.jpg
    2024-01-11_01.41.37.jpg
    2024-01-11_02.02.21.png
    2024-01-11_02.03.02.png

Till Hard Teams happens again! <3

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. TinLeavesTheBin

TinLeavesTheBin the most tinsane of them all Helper

fire was so happy he levitated :O:O:O

Thank you to everyone who has made this happen and made the round such a fun one!! Everyone put so much effort in and it was a blast!! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2