Introducing Creative 1.8! (Detailed Info)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by c0wg0d, Jul 15, 2015.

1. bobandbunny

bobandbunny Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo! Moderator Elder Helper VIP

They are not selling redstone. This is in no way a violation of Mojang's rules. In this current creative, VIPs have redstone and non-vips do not, there has not been problem about that. The server is not giving people an advantage, it's creative and you do not have to find resources.

In addition, VIPs are not allowed to lag the server with redstone. VIP or not, if a fast redstone clock is found running, you will be banned or introuble. Just because they are VIP, doesn't mean they can break the rules.

You are still able to place redstone, but it just won't activate. You can still make cool designs, just not make redstone contraptions. Maybe once the server launches, you could nicely ask a VIP (but not beg them) to add you to their plot, and turn the redstone flag on. Then you can use redstone all you want. I bet someone would let you do that if you asked nicely. You can also test it out in singleplayer if needed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. riggs493

riggs493 Master

Will Non-VIPs be able to still use the functionality of wat they used too in old creative?

3. riggs493

riggs493 Master

Wait, so, the command that c0w said that makes VIPs invincible to redstone clock bans?

4. Kayah57

Kayah57 Master

No, they would be banned if clocks were abused.

5. riggs493

riggs493 Master

thats wat I read... lemmie see it again...

6. camerongrace10

camerongrace10 Artisan Helper

There is always single player worlds. Where you can use redstone also.

7. Abbz05_

Abbz05_ Abbzolutely Amazing Joke Teller Moderator Helper VIP

Oh boy oh boy. Is @Rif_TheMom going to have to trout slap you all? :p

The main reason redstone is for VIPs is because the majority of the server is non-VIP. All those players with constant redstone machines would sure lag it up! Yeah, maybe not fair, but it's a way to reduce lag for the benefit of everybody. :)

Now, if you all are more creative, here's the actual reasoning: This giant, pink, fluffy unicorn dude was trying to build a redstone clock. La la la, he sung to himself, enjoying building. Everytime, before he logged off the server, he would turn all his clocks off. He was a good man-unicorn. One day, however, this blue, tall, trouble-some squid came by and claimed the plot next to the unicorn. Oh boy, he was a stinker. Always left the redstone running, never bothered to turn it off, and sometimes he'd do it purposefully. The talking pants, who owned this server, wasn't too happy with Mr. Squid. He'd talked to him a lot, but Mr. Squid would never listen. Eventually, the talking pants owner had to shut off all redstone. Mr. Squid ruined it for the man-unicorn. Mr. Man-Corn here wasn't too happy, so he talked to Mr. Talky Pants and suggested another way for them to use redstone - pay money! Mr. Pants here was very content with the idea. La dee la dee la, a few days later, redstone was available - to those who'd pay. Mr. Man-Corndog was very into redstone, and decided it was worth paying money for something he cared about deeply. Mr. Stinker Squid left the server because he couldn't ruin the fun for anyone else. If he was devoted to redstone and the server, then he'd pay the money. But since it wasn't worth it for him, he left, leaving everyone at peace. The End.

• Like Like x 14
  8. LunaLovegood

LunaLovegood Magizoologist Elder Helper VIP

Now, vip will give you even MORE stuff and that means more buyers and better for sandlot!

• Like Like x 1
  9. starri

starri sandlot's okayest Helper

This Should be turned into a bigger story. With a Corn-man and Squid army. A Giant war. sacrifes!!! O:

EDIT: Oh, And lampposts.

10. FrogDistributor

FrogDistributor Master VIP

Does this count for merged plots or do merged plots count as one?

11. FrogDistributor

FrogDistributor Master VIP

Riggs493. how do servers "fall" they still are around. and many pepole still have fun on them. even if they arent VIP
    and also, for redstone functions.

12. Rif_TheMom

Rif_TheMom Adept Elder

Riggs... please calm yourself. I'm hoping at this point in the discussion, that you are calmer....

Speaking in the public forums about getting Mojang involved, breaking rules, and the server going down, is just not a good way to handle this stuff. Luckily, it seems like those who have responded to you, have done so in a very kind and gentle manner, explaining things to the best of their abilities.

If you still find yourself to be very upset, I highly recommend you taking this to a private conversation with the mods and/or c0w.

I think you can still get your points across without jumping to such extreme statements. And if you can't, please do so in a PM ("conversation" on the forums) because that's what is appropriate...

• Like Like x 3
  13. Avatar_plays_MC

Avatar_plays_MC Help I'm stuck in a simulation!

Riggs, calm down. The reason why we have VIP is so that the Sandlot gets money from it to keep it running. If redstone could be activated by non-VIPs, then that is one less reason to buy VIP, so less people buy it, the Sandlot gets less money to be able to function, and it could potentially have to shut down. None of us want that, do we?

14. Crab_Rangoon_

Crab_Rangoon_ Artisan

c0w said "you and maybe a friend will get free VIP"

15. TheOneCrafter

TheOneCrafter PVP Master Helper VIP

c0w said "you will win free VIP for one week for yourself or a Sandlot friend"

Not you and a friend, you or a friend.

16. Kyukuro

Kyukuro Elegant Builder of Pointy Structures Moderator Elder Helper VIP

What c0w means by this is that if the winner does not want (Or already has) VIP, they have the option to let a friend have it intead.

17. riggs493

riggs493 Master

Ok, I get it now. Thx for the AMAZINGLY realistic story of Unicorns and talking pants! They are definetly both real creatures that are intelligent enough to do that! :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. riggs493

riggs493 Master

None pf us want the Sandlot to shut down... if so, I will have a armed rebellion against mojang with pixelated bows and swords on (if there is) The Mojang Server. :p

19. c0wg0d

c0wg0d Master Owner Moderator Helper VIP

Believe me when I say that I have spent hours and hours of my time trying to find ways to give everyone as much access as possible to all items (redstone, spawn eggs, etc.), without causing the server to crash from lag. I have personally devoted about 200 hours of my time over the last few months researching, configuring, testing, and building the new Creative server. And let's not discount the dozens of others that have volunteered their time to make this thing happen either. We all want you to have fun and make friends here on The Sandlot, and this is just one of the many ways we do that.

• Like Like x 17
  20. Sounds awesome!